9 - bitch you thought

The pic literally describes ashton in this story perfectly, except curlier :--)
----------

"Let's play a game."

"What kind of game?"

"I dunno." Gordon shrugged. He was getting pretty bored just sitting around not being productive. Usually, he would enjoy being sedentary at his house, but that also included endless movies and video games. Here, he's been stuck with his own thoughts and nothing for entertainment. He was hoping now that he's got company he would be kept occupied.

"We don't have any games."

"Yeah, I know."

"Uh," Calum started. He agreed that it has been quite boring sitting around doing nothing. "Let's um, play 20 questions?"

Gordon stiffened. That idea made him incredibly nervous due to the fact that Calum may ask a question that's too personal. He couldn't risk declining the offer and have Calum become suspicious, though, so it would be better if he just lied if he needed.

Gordon nodded, "Okay. You go first."

Calum blew raspberries while tapping his fingers on the cold, tile floor, trying to think of a question. The white haired boy practically swooned at how cute the gesture was, but he had to contain himself.

"How old are you?" Calum offered.

"Seventeen. I think my birthday is coming up soon, but I don't remember."

Calum frowned. "Oh. Well happy early birthday then."

"Thanks." Gordon blushed, "Maybe I won't have to be here when it comes around."

Calum nodded in agreement, continuing, "Well I turned 18 in January, so it's been a while. Your turn."

The platinum boy hummed, "Mmm, favorite food?"

"Definitely spaghetti. Now I'm hungry... well, not really. But I wish I was hungry, I would eat so. Much. Spaghetti." Calum chuckled and flashed his pearly whites to Gordon, his eyes crinkling in accompaniment.

"Yeah, I miss eating. I think my favorite food would be quesadillas. They're all crunchy and gooey and cheesy. They make my heart smile." Gordon swooned.

"Aw, that's cute." Calum smiled. "Umm... What's it like not having friends? If... you don't mind me asking. I'm just curious." He shifted awkwardly, wondering if he had offended his friend.

"Oh." Gordon blanked out, not prepared for the intimate question. Intimate being touchy and sensitive, which it definitely was. You don't normally ask people why they don't have friends, but to them it was different. They weren't exactly the most normal pair anyhow.

"Well, it's pretty monotonous. Like, I don't have anyone to impress or disappoint, so I never have much to worry about. I never get into arguments about what to watch on tv, or what toppings to order on my pizza. Hawaiian, by the way." The green eyed boy chuckled, Calum following suit. "I always feel content. I mean, I do get lonely. Definitely. But it's not as hard to do things that make me happy because there's no one there to judge me."

Calum let out a loud breath, trying to take it all in. "Wow, that's, um. Deep dude. And like, I- you must have thought about that a lot."

Gordon just shrugged, "I have a lot of time on my own that I use to wallow in my thoughts." He sent Calum a cheeky grin to imply his joking demeanor and retorted, "What's it like being popular?"

"It's uh, stressful. Because like, so many people 'look up' to me, I guess. Which doesn't make sense because for one, I live in a damn apartment with my mum, and two, I'm probably the biggest jackass on this whole rock. People should be spitting on me as I walk by rather than kissing the mark my shoes leave on the linoleum."