5 - yeah, i'm sure.

Update! I met my internet best friend on Easter (pic on the side/top) and wow she's so sweet and I love her she reads both my books!!! So this chapter is dedicated to her vodkaxlrh (unofficially because mobile) but I love her :-)

————————-

Gordon lied on the thin, lumpy mattress with his knees curled to his chest and hot tears staining his cheeks. He doesn't know what he did wrong; he wasn't trying to make Calum mad. He just assumed he was gay - well, more like knew. He just had this sense to him, what was it called? Gaydar? He doesn't know if that's a real thing, but he assumes it's just because gay people know the mannerisms and personality traits of being gay. He knows that sounds stereotypical, and he doesn't mean it that way, but it's true. Even if you're not a stereotypical gay person, there's always something to be picked up on, whether it's your speech, hand gestures, the way you stand or the slang you use.

With Calum, it was the way the glint in his Hershey brown eyes faded when he suggested that he was gay. He wasn't sure at first, but he made sure to try and weasel the answer out of him by asking about Luke. If Calum were proudly gay, he wouldn't have made a big deal about the assumption, and if he truly wasn't, he would have calmly denied it. But he just got so defensive, and he looked almost scared when it was brought up, as if he didn't want to believe it himself. Gordon didn't ever want anyone to have to feel that way about something they can't change.

Why did I lie to him? Gordon isn't even a creative name, it's just my middle name. I like Michael so much better anyway. Gordon - or should we say Michael - thought to himself while rubbing his eyes with the ball if his fists. He sniffled a bit and snuggled up into his knees even more. The situation brought back memories of his and Calum's first encounter at the lunch table in year 9. He thought about it all the time, even though he mentally slapped himself whenever it entered his thoughts. But never, ever would he think he would be in this situation with the boy who stole his heart, then crushed it in a matter of minutes.

The white haired boy glanced at his wrists which were placed in front of him on his pillow. His hospital tag read as follows:

CLIFFORD, MICHAEL G.

D.O.B 11/20/96

DOCTOR'S MEDICAL CENTER SYDNEY, N.S.W

DIAGNOSIS: COMATOSE DUE TO O.D. 5/9/14

He sighed and pulled his cream sleeve up over his hands and balled up the end in his fist. I just won't let him find out.

-

Calum was just irritated at Gordon for being a jackass. First he makes the smoking joke and then he calls him gay? Who the fuck does he think he is? I'm not a fag. I'm not!

Calum paced as he thought through his emotions. He continued to grumble about Gordon and kicked around bits of plaster that had fallen from the ceiling. For a place that's not actually real, it sure as hell looks like shit. There were cracks in the walls and dust and cobwebs and it was dingy and worn. I could have sworn it was nicer looking when I first woke up.

Calum was practically at a loss. He didn't want to try and make amends with Gordon because he was the one being attacked and he did nothing wrong, but he had a feeling that Gordon wouldn't attempt to apologize. Not because he's not sorry, he just doesn't seem like a confrontational person, especially since Calum is the only other person here. Plus, Calum is still extremely confused and needs to have some sort of company if he's going to be here for a while - or should he say "five minutes, five weeks and five years all at once." That phrase didn't sit well with the black haired boy, but he began to understand it a bit while waiting for Gordon to come into the room and apologize. If felt like an eternity, but he swore he stormed off not even a few seconds ago... Or was it hours?