"Loki, we have to get you to a healer." I advised, shaking him awake again. His eyes fluttered open and he grimaced as I lifted his head to rest on my lap.

"No, no healer. Once the poison wears off I'll be fine and dandy again." He quipped in his usual sarcastic tone.

Thor and Fandral halted in their conversation at the sound of Loki's words, and gave me a confused look.

"Poison? What poison?" I asked Loki, equally confused.

"The bastard laced his blade with it. Don't worry, it's not lethal." He replied through a groan.

My heart halted for a beat, panic rushing through me. Wounds I could handle, but poison was another matter entirely.

"How do you know it's not lethal?" Thor asked when I was too frozen to speak.

"He told me."

"And you're going to believe him?" I gawked, finally breaking from my daze but my chest still seized with panic.

Loki sighed, tilting his head to look up at me, "Tell you what, come back in a few hours and if I'm still alive then let's assume he was telling the truth."

I glared down at him, pursing my lips and thinking of what damage I could do to him. I was beginning to realise why he had so few friends. Fortunately, Fandral distracted me before I could strangle him.

"Uh oh, looks like trouble." He warned, nodding in the direction of the stairs, from where at least four guards were approaching.

"Prince Loki, the Allfather demands your presence." One of them stated as they halted a few metres away from Loki and I.

"Why? Is he upset?" Loki asked impudently.

Thor stood from his kneeling position, straightening his shoulders aggressively at the guards.

"Can't it wait? My brother is in need of medical attention."

To their credit, the guards showed no signs of fear, despite the glare that Thor was giving them. One of them cleared his throat, straightening his chin as he addressed Thor.

"I'm afraid he was very insistent, My Lord." He replied, a slight break in his voice.

Loki sighed, "Well, what are we all sitting about for? We mustn't keep father dearest waiting."

I rolled my eyes at his sarcasm, how was it that of all if us he was the most calm? Loki shifted in an attempt to move but winced in pain as the movement resonated in his side. Realising that the poison was obviously impacting his ability to move, Thor and I helped him to stand instead. When he was on his feet, I passed his weight over to Fandral, who carried Loki with Thor. They followed after the guards as they led them to Odin, Loki's feet trailing on the ground, but I lagged behind. I crouched down beside Fiske again, pulling my fingers over his eyes to shut his lids. With one last lingering glance at the man who had ruined my life, I scurried after the man who had saved it.

Instead of taking us to the throne room, as I had thought they would, the guards lead us away from the palace and into a large, bright garden, flourishing in the Spring air. Odin paced angrily across the grass in front of the pond, while Frigga sat on a stone bench behind him, nervously wringing her hands on her lap.

Odin halted in his steps and glanced up when he heard us approaching, briskly waving the guards away when they bowed in greeting. As they scurried away, he fixed his piercing gaze on the three men before him, while I hid behind them. I knew that my presence would only anger him more, but I would not leave Loki's side. Frigga's worried expression instantly relaxed when she saw that her son was alive, but she didn't dare speak when her husband was in this mood.