Chapter Eleven

TRIGGER WARNING: The following chapter contains explicit content and mentions of sexual assault.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Prince had been waiting patiently for my return when I finally stepped back into his chamber. Usually it would not have taken me so long to make the great distance from his chambers to the kitchens, but unfortunately I had been delayed by an unwelcome meeting.

I had been on my way to the kitchens when I was grabbed roughly and unexpectedly by a figure in the shadows and dragged back into a secluded corner. Too stunned to make a noise or even fight against the iron hold around my arm, I could only gaze numbly up at my accoster, gasping slightly as Fiske's shadowed face came into view, bruised and swollen from my attack yesterday.

I had rarely seen him around the palace over the past few months but the times I had, I never felt right around him. He always seemed to be watching me; his dark, flat gaze peering after me wherever I went. This uneasiness had only strengthened after our unpleasant encounter yesterday. But it wasn't hatred or anger I saw in his gaze now. It was a different emotion entirely.

He smiled sickeningly, "Ah, if it isn't the little imposter. I'm so glad to see that a night in the dungeons hasn't had any ill effects on you."

I tried to struggle against his grip but he held my arm fast against his chest.

"Please, Sir," I whimpered.

"You know, I always knew there was something strange about you, although I must say I never thought it would be this." His gaze finally left mine as he raked his eyes down my body, his tongue darting out to lick his lower lip. I swallowed tightly against my suddenly dry throat and attempted to force the words out of my mouth.

"Please let me go, Sir. Prince Thor will be expecting me."

Fiske's gaze suddenly darkened and he jerked me forward a little closer to his chest.

"I bet that's not all he's expecting from you. You think that you're safe just because you have a prince protecting you? Let me remind you that if I want something, a thousand princes couldn't stand in my way."

With that, he finally pushed me away from him and I stumbled backwards, watching as a slow smile crept over his darkened features. Turning away, I immediately broke into a frantic run up to Prince Thor's chambers, completely forgetting about breakfast. Anything to get away from that monster lurking in the darkness.

By the time I reached Thor's chambers I had managed to calm myself down enough to catch my breath, but my heart was still beating erratically in my chest and I had a strange itching feeling across the skin of my arms.

Thor glanced up at me when I numbly pushed open the door.

"Better?" He asked, referring to breakfast.

Not trusting myself to speak yet, I could only force a smile and nod tightly, hating that I had to lie to him yet again. Of course I wouldn't tell him about what one of his closest advisers had said to me, he probably wouldn't believe me if I tried.

Oblivious to my inner turmoil and the fact that I was inches away from breaking down into a puddle of frustrated tears, Thor nodded tersely and moved to walk over to his bedchamber.

"Good, I have a busy day planned for you. Come along." Beckoning me forward with a simple wave, I forced down the lump in my throat and after a few deep breaths, followed him into his chamber to help him with his armour.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Days turned into weeks and I began to get into a steady routine again. Morning training started again when Spring arrived and I was happy to distract myself with our sessions. Fortunately, the Warriors Three and Sif had accepted me back with open arms, understanding of my intentions yet still a little wary of me. They tried to treat me no differently than before, but I could tell that they were worried to push me too hard in training, in case I couldn't handle it. But I think after a few times of getting their asses kicked showed them how much I could handle.