✴ 𝟎𝟗

TANJIRO WIPED his tears quickly

TANJIRO WIPED his tears quickly. He sucked up a sharp breath and continued swinging his sword-- this time with a trail of strong power and concentration. He put all his will and might to create the most powerful swings he could. 

Y/n stared at him adoringly. 'He looks so cool!' her eyes sparkled brightly with a mixture of adoration and wonder. 'I want to be a swordsman like him one day! I wonder what demons we'll face in the future,' she thought as she let out a squeal of excitement. Excited with what's to come in the nearby future. 

"Go big brother, go! You can do it!" Y/n exclaimed enthusiastically. Her eyes glowed with sudden amazement as she witnessed her brother performing one of the Water Breathing Styles. It looked beyond elegant and graceful; it was ethereal. This was sensational for the small child as she nearly lost her grip on the parchment she held. 

As Tanjiro continued performing the rest of his breathing forms, Y/n felt adrenaline and pride rushing through her veins. If she had someone next to her right now, she would've boasted about how that burgundy-haired male over there is her big brother. 

Her big brother! The fact alone made Y/n beyond merry. You could tell that Y/n... has truly accepted herself as Kamado Y/n. There won't be a Murayama Y/n, nor a Kibutsuji Y/n. It was just Kamado Y/n. 

Tanjiro panted loudly as his hands lost grip on the iron sword he held. Sweat trickled down from his forehead as his overgrown burgundy-colored hair was bounded with his face due to the stickiness that formed. Y/n jumped off the bench and walked over to Tanjiro, holding up the banner. "Do you like it?" Y/n asked hopefully--- this gave her a wash of nostalgia. 

It felt similar. 

It felt as if she's done this before, but in reality, she never did. "I love it," Tanjiro exclaimed brightly. "I--" he said, his throat was tied, he didn't know what to say. It was still overwhelming for him. Tears of movement fell from his eyes once again as he sniffed. His face turned red in embarrassment as he sobbed. The small girl had really melted his heart this time, for sure. 

Y/n looked at him in worry. "Hey, Onii-chan! You shouldn't cry.." Y/n trailed off, she felt like a knife had stabbed her heart, seeing her beloved older brother's smile disappearing. "Crying makes you ugly, you know that, Onii-chan? And you're usually very handsome, so don't cry, Roro," Y/n commented as she patted Tanjiro's legs.