Freedom AU/FNAF (7)

Ella (Circus Baby) had always felt like life moves too fast at times. Even during company days, it seemed to her like they'd be moved from one location or warehouse to the next too often. It baffles her to see people who are able to just laze about as life passes them by.

This probably explains why, when the Anthros finally gained their freedom, Ella decided to travel. Why wait until later to see the wonders of the world? By then, she's probably less likely to even want to do something like that. The fast pace of life would have passed her by, too. And so, this was exactly what she did—along with Ennard who, though also did enjoy the travelling, also wanted to help keep her safe as they did.

When the Circus Abduction happened, Ella's fast pace perception of life seemed to become problematic for her. While performing for the circus, she'd been given stimulants to up her performance. Those always left her with horrible cases of the jitters, and even after these events have passed, she still feels jittery from time to time—almost like they were bouts of anxiety, of sorts.

Despite this outlook and feeling on life, Ella has a way to remind herself that life isn't always so fast paced as the world makes it out to be. From the kitchen's back window, there's a perfect view of the horizon. And on this horizon, Ella watches the sun set almost every night without fail.

To her, she finds the sun setting as nature's constant display of slow paced patience. Patience when it comes to night making it's arrival. Nobody has ever seen the sun quickly descend over the horizon. It moves slowly. At the start, you see all the rays of sun. Then, as it slowly descends, one ray after another quietly disappears behind the horizon.

Whenever she watches the sunset, Ella is always standing near still as a statue. She fixates on the rays, watching as they slowly disappear one after one. According to Ennard, this is the one time of day he ever sees her so calm, so still. It's almost like a sort of meditation for her. And, every time without fail, Ella finds that she feels good afterwards. As if the simple act of standing and watching the sun go down relieves all the stress and anxieties of the day she's had.

So, sunsets are one of Ella's small pleasures in life.