🔬 (2)

My sis read the story about Bulleti and decided to drew a concept art of these intelligent microorganisms. Here's the outcome ^.

Doctor Drew Caceres was standing in the corner, looking at fellow lab technicians, who were standing over the petri dish with Bulleti colony.

"Why are they talking with those microorganisms instead of working?" he thought, furious. Since they found out that Bulleti are intelligent like humans, everything became wrong. Microorganisms shouldn't have been able to build, talk and feel emotions. They were abominations, freaks of nature!

Luckily, he wasn't the only microbiologist to think that. His good colleagues also had the opinion that intelligent microorganisms are wrong. That they should do something before more people will know. For now, only microbiologists knew about true nature of Bulleti, but it was about to change quickly. People can not know about this, doctor had to hurry.

Doctor's thoughts were interrupted by emergence of Harvey - microbiology student, who was currently writing a master thesis under his supervision.

- Isn't it amazing doctor? I'll be the first to write master thesis about Bulleti! They even promised me they'll help me the best they can! - he exclaimed excitedly.

- But didn't you have another topic? - doctor asked.

- Yes, but I'll write an email to dean with request to change the topic of my master thesis - student replied.

- Now, now, don't do that yet - man said. Harvey was confused.

- But why? I really want to write about them - he mumbled.

- The world can't know what we discovered - doctor said firmly.

- Why is that so? - Harvey was surprised.

- What if people start to fight for Bulleti's rights? What if they think that injecting these microorganisms to human body is a type of slavery and will want to prohibit us from doing this? - Drew asked.

- Aren't you exaggerating doctor? I don't think that Bulleti would agree to stop helping us. They told me that cleaning veins is their life mission - student said.

- But what if they evolve into pathogens? If they understand what power are they actually wielding, they might use it to their advance and take control over us! - professor said. Harvey gasped.

- Do you think they would do that to us? - he asked.

- I'm sure! We've been treating them like common bacteria, they will want to get their revenge! After all, every creature is fighting to become the top of the food chain - man replied.

- What can we do about it? - student wondered.

- Leave it to me. I'll give them a little reminder that despite them being human-like, we're still above - he said and left the lab.

***

Cario was on the porch of his house and looking ahead at the new formed city. It was nice of Titans to give Bulleti necessary materials and instructions. They even helped erect the buildings with their tools.

Vedia noticed her friend and walked up to him.

- Hi Vedia, can you believe how quickly our city is blooming? - he asked her.

- All thanks to you. Without your courage and stubbornness, we would still be living like we used to - she replied.

- I know, right? I'm really happy that Titans are so eager to treat us like we're equal to them - he said.