🦽

Skye and Luca thanked bean for his help with getting food and having said their goodbye, they disappeared in mouse hole, entering the tunnel which was leading to their little home.

- I still can't believe our luck! Zain is such a nice bean! - Skye said.

- I know right? Now we easily get things that we had never borrowed before, since it was too hard for us - Luca accompanied.

Their little conversation was disturbed by the sound of body hitting the floor. Worried twins quickened their pace, as the only one who could have made that sound was...

They gasped at the sight of their beloved mom laying on hard floor, with two toothpicks being broken in half at each of her side.

- Mom! - Luca shouted and having dropped his bag, he rushed to woman and lifted her up. Soon Skye joined her brother, helping him settle mom on chair they built from wooden sticks.

- Are you okay? - worried girl asked.

- I'm fine - woman assured her kids.

- What happened? - Luca asked.

- My crutches broke, but that's okay, they were old anyways - borrower said.

- How are you going to move then? - Skye got worried.

- It's okay kids, you really don't need to worry about me - she said.

- No, no! We're going back to bean's room, we'll find something to replace your crutches - Luca exclaimed. Clara gasped and shook her head.

- You can't go back! Bean is home, if he finds you-!

- Mom, he's incredibly oblivious! We can even take things indirectly from his hands and he won't even flinch! - Skye lied. If their mom learnt that they befriended a bean, she would drop dead.

- You did such dangerous thing?! What were you thinking?! - woman scolded them.

- Of course not! Skye just said that to picture how blind that bean is - Luca said, shoving his sister in arm.

- Anyway... - boy started, lifting up the remains of Clara's crutches - We need to find you a replacement for these. Come on Skye, let's go - he added and both of them went back to giant's room.

Clara shifted helplessly on the chair. Her children were so young and sometimes too reckless. If it hadn't been for that goddamn mouse trap, she would be still able to borrow and keep her kids safe.

***

Zain was rewriting his notes, when he heard familiar voices:

- Zain, can you spare a minute of your time?

Human placed his pen away and looked at small twins standing next to his notebook.

- Of course I can! What do you need this time? - he asked with smile. Luca stepped forward and shown Zain the thing he was holding in his hands. Two broken toothpicks, with supports made from rubbers for earphones and with small spheres made of play dough at ends. It resembled medicine students of...

- Are... Are those crutches? - he wanted to make sure. Twins nodded.

- Remember when we told you that our mom can't walk? She was moving around with help of these, but they broke today! - Skye explained.

- So we were wondering if you can give us something to replace them? Mom gets really sad when she has to stay in one place for all day - Luca said. Zain got confused.