🚚

"Turn right in two kilometers" monotonous voice of GPS said.

- Maybe give me more realistic directions? - Lewis murmured, seeing that he drove into national park territory. He soon had to stop his van, the road he was driving ended with a sign "authorized personnel only".

Man took his phone to his hand, but there was no signal in the van. He got out of his vehicle and took few steps forward, trying to get the signal back.

He finally got the signal and opened up maps. He found an alternative way to get out of the national park and drive straight to the city.

He slip his phone into his pocket and turned around to enter his van. He stopped, looking with wide eyes at the thing in front of him.

Something humongous was holding his van, as if it was a mere toy. Creature was rotating vehicle in its limbs, seemed to be curious about it. Soon, it started to spin one of the wheels, seemingly to find a great fun in it, as it chirped amusingly.

- What the hell?! - Lewis screamed in horror. Hearing this, creature turned its gaze to man. Although he couldn't see the body of it, its red, shiny eyes gave him goosebumps.

Creature was staring at Lewis for another while, then it leaped and began to run. And it still was holding the van.

- What? Oh, no no no no no no! Come back! I need to deliver packages! - Lewis shouted and started to chase after that creature.

He knew it was dumb of him to risk his life, but if he doesn't deliver packages on the time, he will be fired. He couldn't afford to lose it, finding a new job wasn't that easy and he had a pregnant girlfriend to take care of. So monster or not, he won't lose his job because of it.

As he was following it, he noticed that its footprints weren't like of any animal he had seen. They looked like gigantic letter "V". What was that creature?

He soon lost sight of it, but since it was causing a lot of damage while it was running, Lewis was pretty sure that he knows where it's going.

After a pretty exhausting trekking through the woods, Lewis stumbled upon park rangers' headquarter.

Relieved he didn't get lost, he walked up to the door and was about to knock on it. But then he wondered, what will he tell? Nobody was going to believe him that there's a monster roaming through the park. Oh welp, he might tell it was a bear or something.

He knocked on the door and waited. Soon, he heard a shuffle and a sound of unlocking. Door swung open and a man in his sixties appeared to Lewis's eyes.

- What are you doing here so late lad? The park is closed y'know - he murmured grumpily.

- I know, I was driving to the city and I got lost... Can we talk about it? - man suggested timidly.

Park ranger moved aside and gestured for Lewis to go inside. Then he led his guest to the kitchen, where he began to prepare something hot to drink.

- What's your name kid? - park ranger asked.

- I'm Lewis and I'm not a kid - man replied.

- You're three times younger than me, you're a kid to me - man said - I'm Ned and I'm the main caretaker of this park - he introduced himself and poured over the tea. He gave one mug to Lewis and kept one to himself.

- So, what are you doing here? - Ned asked.

- I'm a courier and I don't know the area yet, so I got lost - he said.

- A courier? But you came here by foot, where's your van? - park ranger asked suspiciously. Lewis gulped nervously.

- Something... Something big took it, maybe a bear... - man got confused, seeing how Ned's face became furious.