Chapter Twenty-One

Comincia dall'inizio

Evangeline was still red in the face as he held her against his side. She never anticipated him to be so affectionate in front of so many people... And she could tell by everyone's faces that what he was doing wasn't normal for anyone of high status to do, even at their wedding. Yet, no one said a word, just continuing to clap even as they left the dance floor, the music starting up again for all the couples to begin dancing.

With his arm still wrapped around her waist, he guided her back to their seats to overlook the festivities. But as they sat down, his hand suddenly rested on her thigh. She stiffened, looking at him bewildered. Then she saw the devilish glint in his eyes, biting the inside of her lip as she looked away with a blush on her cheeks.

Then Marak leaned over and whispered, "I didn't get the chance to say it earlier, but you look ravishing."

"Th-Thank you," she stammered, still not turning to face him.

"I'm looking forward to tonight," he purred, his lips brushing against her ear. "If I knew my advisors wouldn't throw a fit, I'd drag you back to our room now and have my way with you."

Evangeline shivered as the hand on her thigh tightened, his fingers dangerously close to her inner thigh. She felt her insides clenched in anticipation, her breathing getting heavier as warmth pooled into her stomach. He chuckled before pulling his hand away, leaving her feeling hot and bothered as she shifted in her seat.

She still wasn't entirely sure how she was feeling about tonight. She knew it was going to happen one way or another, but... actually having sex was a lot different than what they had been doing. She wasn't even sure if he would fit inside, and she worried it would hurt more than it would feel good.

But her biggest concern was pregnancy. As his wife, it was expected that she would bear him heirs. And probably lots of them as well... After all, all emperors before Marak had at least three or more children. Though, she wasn't entirely sure if she was ready to be a mother in the first place. She wasn't even in love with Marak yet, and to have his child...

She shook her head. There wasn't any need to worry about it now. Since she was a human, there was a chance she would have trouble conceiving in the first place. Though that now just meant getting over the mental hurdle of giving her virginity to her husband, a man she didn't love romantically but definitely cared for. She just hoped it would go well.

XXX

Once the reception had come to an end, Evangeline had been whisked away by her maids back to her chambers. Marak was discussing some last minute business with Solomon and a few other nobles, promising to return to their chambers when he was done.

The maids had carefully undressed her, removing her jewelry and placing it away for safekeeping. Her hair had been undone and brushed out, her makeup washed away. They didn't give her a full bath, instead just wiping down her body and washing off any excess oils and sweat she had on her skin. Then they dressed her in a white nightgown, made up of silk and lace, hugging her breasts before flowing down to her feet.

She felt so exposed like this, despite being fully covered. Her heart was racing, and a part of her didn't want Marak to return. They may have done plenty of sexual things already, but this was different. They were actually going to have sex. She was to fully give herself to him, spread her legs and take him into her body... It would hurt, she knew it would; her entire life she had been told that a woman's first time hurt. And Marak was big. She knew it would hurt for sure.

She didn't know if she was truly ready for it. She had had a few weeks to prepare for it, but now that it was here, she didn't know. Her body tingled in anticipation while her stomach felt like it had butterflies fluttering inside. But she couldn't run away, especially not now... Not when she was his wife.