𝟎𝟏𝟔

Fight; Bet

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        After leaving the library, you told everyone that Byakuya was there and then went to your bedroom for the night. The next day, nothing too eventful happened.

That night, you woke up to the feeling of hunger.

'I'll go make something,' you thought as you sat up.

You went to the dining hall, where you saw something that you probably shouldn't have seen. Mondo and Taka were there, yelling at each other.

"Hey, Y/N! Perfect timing!" Taka exclaimed.

"Huh? What's going on?" You asked, looking between the two.

"I have a favor to ask!" Mondo said.

"Um... okay...?"

"C'mon, Y/N. You gotta be our witness!"

"Witness...? Witness to what? Did something happen?"

"This guy's be talkin' shit about me since day one. Callin' me a coward and shit like that..."

"You are a coward! That's why you turn to violence to solve your problems!" Taka said, "That's why you can't do what society asks of you, why you walk around dressed like that!"

You didn't think there was anything partcularly wrong with Mondo's clothes. He was wearing a white T-shirt, a long black jacket - presumably related to his gang -, a silver belt with some sort of animal or yokai in the middle, black pants that were a little baggy, and white slipper-like shoes. But you digress.

"... The fuck you say?" Mondo muttered, "You dunno shit."

"You've already lost to yourself, but you're such a coward you don't even realize it!"

"So what, you sayin' you're not a coward? You think you're tougher than me?"

"I know I am!"

"Okay, then let's throw down! Prove you got what I don't got!"

"I accept your challenge!"

"So that's what's happenin', Y/N. You gotta be our witness!"

"... You're gonna... throw down...? As in... fight each other...?" You asked nervously.

"There's a bathhouse on the 1st floor of the dorm, right? With a sauna inside?" Mondo said.

"I see... a simple endurance contest, is it?" Taka replied, "We're going to see who can stay in the sauna the longest, and I right?!"

"Goddamn straight!"

"Wait, wait, wait! Doing that won't solve either of your problems!" You exclaimed, "Why don't we all calm down and have some muffins? Food always calms me down when I'm frustrated."

Mondo seemed like he wanted to say something, but Taka interrupted him before he could.

"You know... I suppose you're right. We shouldn't be fighting over something as petty as this!" He said, which was somewhat out of character for him.

"Right! I'll go start on those muffins!"

You went to the kitchen, leaving Taka and Mondo alone together.

"... You like her, don't you?" Taka said abruptly.

"Hah?! The hell're you talkin' about?!" Mondo demanded, his face turning red.

"Just admit it. You like her, and I like her too. Just so you know, I won't let you get to her before me. She will be mine."

Mondo was surprised, considering the fact that Taka didn't seem like the type to get distracted by things such as love. He then smirked and chuckled.

"You wanna bet?"

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════