21.

𝙳𝚎𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚒𝚝, 𝙼𝚒𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚐𝚊𝚗

1 month later.

"At first it started with me thinking about what happened everyday. But then as the days went by I just...got used to the shit to the point I didn't even think about it as much." Serenity spoke as she sat in front of her grandmother.

"You also started losing yourself as well." Her grandmother said.

"Yeah." Serenity said lowly. "I guess."

She didn't really want to admit to that part.

"You don't talk about it much though." Roshelle said. "Not as much as you did when you and Dayvon would be neck and neck."

"It hurt to talk about grandma." Serenity said.

"Keeping things in like that don't help either though. Getting them out does. Genuinely how does it make you feel? Or how did it make you feel?" She asked.

"It hurt my feelings. Of course." Serenity said looking up at the ceiling. "And when it happened. He just kept saying. I'm sorry. Which made me feel even worse in the moment."

Roshelle gave her granddaughter a look of sympathy. Even though it seemed like Serenity was over the situation, she wasn't. She was just taking it day by day. Like any normal person would have.

"But I think the thing that really set me back grandma was seeing him in the club with another girl." She said as she thought back to that night.

-

"We're so happy you finally back outside with us!" Noel said.

"Trust me I'd rather be at home in my bed!" Serenity said giving Noel a fake smile.

"Oh girl!" Ashley said rolling her eyes.

"But the driving question really is are you having fun?" Marley asked.

"No." Serenity said making Marley straight face her.

"Well at least we got you out the house." Ashley said and Serenity sipped on her drink as she looked around.

Tonight Trummps was jumping. Harder than usual. Since Taylor had been missing out on work, and getting her life together she was finally making her comeback to the job.

It took a lot of convincing towards Kosa. But eventually he gave in after a week and now she was doing her grand performance.