♡Wicked Games♡

"Each day goes by and each night, I cry. Somebody saw you with her last night. You gave me your word, "Don't worry 'bout her." You might love her now, but you loved me first. Said you'd never hurt me, but here we are. Oh, you swore on every star. How could you be so reckless with my heart?"

Chapter Theme Song: 'Reckless' by Madison Beer.

💿🎮🏀🏈💽

Nathan

"Ow, are you going to break my arm?!" Shelly yelped as I pulled her to a corner, away from the beach and away from everyone after we had finished eating.

I couldn't wait to confront her on the stupid game she attempted to play around the table. I was tired of her foolishness and decided to put a stop to it.

I released her, and she whined, holding her wrist. My face carved in anger. "What the hell was that? What are you trying to do?"

She scoffed. "It shouldn't affect you, should it? Unless there is really something going on between you and Chelsy?"

"Listen to me, grow the hell up, alright? You're acting like a kid, you know that?"

She folded her arms, an eyebrow raised. "Now I'm a kid? Because I love you Nathan?"

"Love?" I ran a hand over my face, chuckling slightly in disbelief before meeting her offended facial expression. "Do you even know what love is? You're a kid, Shelly. A kid. Stop messing with me, alright?"

"Just because you're older than me does not mean I am a kid, is Chelsy a kid to you?"

"Don't compare yourself to Chelsy because she certainly does not act like one! She's more mature than you."

She screwed her face up, tapping her foot against the ground angrily and glaring up at me with a daring expression.

I hissed. "I don't have time for this—"

She stubbornly stepped in my path as I was about to move off, and I exhaled deeply, pushing my hair back from my forehead.

She was annoying as fuck.

"I won't tell Max, Nathan, if you just have sex with me."

Was she serious right now?

I tilted my head to the side. "What?"

"You heard me."

"That won't happen."

"Why? Is Chelsy worth losing your friendship over?" She was getting mad now, and me? I was getting so freaking frustrated.

"Listen, I will never have sex with you, ever, and how many times must I tell you Chelsy and I have nothing going on?!"

"I don't believe you. I see the way you look at her. I see the way she looks at you. You won't fool me."

I sighed tiredly and looked away.

I had no idea the deep feelings I had for Chelsy were being displayed on my face.

I wished I could love her freely without the problem of having to hide all the time but I knew doing that would mean losing my best friend.

She reached a hand out to touch my face and I drew away, narrowing my eyes. "Stop."

Her eyes looked teary.

Was she about to fucking cry?

"Prove it to me Nathan," she said, "That there is nothing going on between you two because I will."

I narrowed my eyes. "What the hell is your problem, Shelly?"

"Prove it to me."

"Get out of my way or I will—"

She tipped on her toes and quickly pressed her lips against mine.

With wide eyes, I held her shoulders and pushed her off speedily, stepping back dumbfounded while wiping my lips off. "What the fuck?"

She smiled evily and folded her arms, a look of victory on her face. "Now look at that. You just said you guys aren't dating, right? Then why does she look like that?" Her eyes darted behind me and with furrowed brows, I followed her gaze. My eyes widened in shock when I saw Chesly there, standing with tears in her eyes as she covered her mouth. She was shaking.

Shaking in disbelief.

Fuck.

"I told you if you can't give me proof, I'll give you proof, didn't I? That's not the face of someone who's not involved with you," she continued, and I heard the amusement in her tone.

Chelsy was hurt as she stepped back, the deep pain in her eyes made my heart shatter to a million pieces. She turned away and ran off.

Oh Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.

"Chels wait—" I began to move off when Shelly gripped my arm.

"I will tell Max and everyone everything if you go after her Nathan!"

I pushed her hand off angrily and darted eyes of fury to her. If only she knew how much I detested her right now. "Do whatever the hell you want Shelly! I am so sick of you!"

I ran off to find Chelsy, and Shelly stood in her spot, an angry look in her eyes as tears slipped down her cheeks.