Epilogue

"Hello?" Jake called out as he came through the door.

"Daddy's here," I said and little feet pitter pattered to him from where we had been in the kitchen.

Jake entered the kitchen where I had been preparing the last batch of batter for the following morning and gave me a kiss with the twins, Atlas and Orion, being carried in both arms.

"How's everything going here?" He questioned.

"I'm almost done," I replied as I took the mixer apart. "Did you see that the new sign got delivered?"

"I did! It looks great!"

"C'mon," I said as I gently pulled Jake out front before I turned the neon sign on.

"The Icy Sphinx Brunch and Bakery," Jake said as he read the illuminated sign. "How did your dad feel about the name change?"

I crossed my arms and smiled as I looked up at the sign that not only paid homage to my time in the Navy, but to my dads legacy as well.

"He doesn't know yet," I replied. "I figured I would surprise him tomorrow during the grand opening."

"That's not all you're surprising him with."

"Oh, I know. Trust me," I laughed as I rested my hand on my stomach. "One more grand baby for him and my mom to spoil."

"And as a surprise for my soon to be bride," Jake said with a smile. "Your brothers will be here."

"How?" I laughed. "Brent's in Annapolis and Barrett's getting ready to ship out at the end of the week."

"Here's the thing, your dad loves me. All I had to do was have him do a small amount of convincing. It'll just be for the morning that Bennett is here but he'll be here."

"Just when I thought I couldn't love you more," I teased before kissing him.

"To top things off, my parents should be landing within the hour," Jake replied. "My sister couldn't make it but she sends her best."

"You give the best surprises, Jake Seresin."

He kissed me and I quickly cleaned the kitchen up and put the batter in the fridge before hanging my apron up.

I turned the sign off and locked up the restaurant before the four of us left to go home.

Our home.