Chapter 110 - I'm Currying Favor? No, This Is A Bribe

Start from the beginning

“You’re equipping your sword? Where’s the other one?”

“We’re outdoors now, so we should be vigilant, right? Maybe this is meaningless since there are Ren’s familiars. Bringing the longer one everywhere will hinder my movement, so I’m putting it with my luggage. But I bring it to the tent when it’s time to camp.”

Oh, he had been thinking a lot… Good boy.

“Ah, are you preparing breakfast? Do you have enough wood? Should I bring some for you?”

“The firewoods collected yesterday are still enough, so it’s okay. More than that, please help me cook this.”

“Eh? Me? Are you fine with me?”

“Everyone is preparing the meals ‌right? Please think of helping me as a way to gain experience.”

“Uhh… I understand. I’ll do my best.”

“Do you have anything you want to eat?”

“Eh? Anything I want to eat?”

“Yes. You can also tell me if there’s anything you want to try.”

“Can I? Really!?”

“Yes.”

“Eh, then what should I choose… I’m fine with whatever you cooked before, um… Ah, but I’d love to try the ones you talked about too.”

Hm, there were too many choices ‌I became troubled. It would take time, so let’s make something adequately. For the time being, they had to eat a lot so they could keep their physical strength in this cold weather… I know, let’s make the meatball soup I made some time ago.

“Ryuu, please make minced meat with this.”

“Oh? Okay… Are you making that soup?”

“Yes.”

“That was ‌delicious…”

Ryuu minced the meat, chopped the vegetables, and heated the pot with a grin. Hmm, I could cook rice, but…

“Ryuu, do you guys bring any bread?”

“Hmm? We bring some hard-baked bread.”

Then let’s go with that. I’m also eating bread. What’s left was the side dish…

“Have you decided on what you want to eat?”

“Ummmmmmm… There are too many things ‌I want to eat, and there are many foods I don’t know how to describe…”

“Then, how about the meat sandwich that I made when I watched your study before?”

“Ah! Sure! That was fantastic! Then let’s go with that!”

Yup. I took out my frying pan and prepared this and that. Ryuu, who had nothing to do, brought the bread for everyone’s share and sliced them… I could see that he put a lot of effort into focusing since there wasn’t a hint of clumsiness from him.

I rolled the thinly sliced meat and soaked it in the ginger sauce, then I fried the meatballs and added them to the soup. What’s left was simmering them.

When I was going to grill another batch of meat, Triela and Maricle woke up at the same time.

“Good morning, both of you.”

“Huh? It’s not just Ren, but Ryuu?”

“Ryuu, are you helping her?”

“Oh, morning. I’ll do it when I have to, you know!”