Chapter 93 - A Relaxing Me-Time After A Long While

Uhh, daily routine, daily routine. I’m Ren, who currently wants to do my daily routine and (the rest is omitted)…

That’s why, I came to the depths of the forest, but… Looking at my surroundings using [Detection] skill, there were surprisingly some people here.

Since I came this far last time, the number of people was unexpected. But after concentrating a bit more, I could also sense many orcs…? Autumn was nearing, so it should be their breeding season, I think? That’s why so many people entered the forest to reduce the orcs.

If so, then I had to go deeper. But it was already past noon, so I had to hurry or else the sun would set. Hmm?

I glanced at Norn and Bell who were running side by side. Speaking of which, they had grown bigger now… I felt like I could even ride them now.

It should be okay if I ride Norn, right?

“Hey, Norn… Can you let me ride you?”

Eh, what’s with that ‘Eh’ response? She even had a complicated face. I couldn’t? Please! She reluctantly put her body lower. So it’s okay for me to ride her, right? I’ll ride you, okay?

Now then, I tried riding on Norn. Wah, such a great fur! I really want to cuddle her… Eh? I should hold you tighter? Won’t your fur get pulled off? It’s okay? Then like this? Tighter? Well then, I’ll hug you tighter!

Norn slowly rose up… Hey, too high! She’s higher than I expected! I rode a horse in my previous life before, but I felt like Norn was higher than a horse!? Don’t run so suddenly!! Fast, too fast!! Hey, slow down a little more!? I’m scared!

Huh? We have arrived? I was too afraid of the speed that I clung to her without looking at the scenery around us at all… I thought I would wet my pants… It’s okay, I didn’t pee. But for the time being, I cleaned myself with [Washing]. No, I’m just doing it on a whim.

Looking around, we were in a swamp? Pond? No, the water was clearer than I expected, so a spring? Small birds were drinking the water, so I felt like I could drink this… At first glance, the water didn’t seem like it was flowing from anywhere?

Well then, er… I couldn’t sense anyone even after using [Detection]. There were a lot of monsters here, but it should be okay once I applied monster repellent. Maybe I should set up a barrier just in case? I spread the barrier around the area of this fountain and sprinkled it with monster repellent. Oh, the monsters around here were escaping… It’s a little interesting.

Since I had spread the barrier and my safety measures had been completed, Norn and Bell went hunting. However, they could use [Detection] to confirm that I was doing well. Amazing.

I looked around again. Hmm, it looked like they were a pretty large amount of herbs growing in this area. For the time being, I used [Storage] to collect around 70% of them to make sure I wouldn’t eradicate it.

There’s nothing bad in collecting this kind of thing as much as I can. And since I could put it in [Storage], it wouldn’t hurt to have it around. [Storage] sure was convenient.

While collecting herbs and observing the surroundings of the spring, I found a strange weed growing on the waterside. This is… rushes? After using [Appraisal] to check it, it turned out I wasn’t wrong! Ohhh, I finally found it! I could make tatami mats with this! Woohoo! I collected it immediately and used [Creation Magic]!

But before that, where should I make a Japanese-style room in my house? Looking at the floor plan, maybe I should make it in the room where I originally planned to make a study? It was connected to my bedroom by a door… Ah, but that room was narrow. I should rebuild it first.