Chapter 100 - You Deceived Me, Huuuuuuhhhhh!!!

Let me see. I was going to stay overnight here today, but first of all, let's have lunch. Yeah, it's still before noon.

Since I just taught Arle how to cook rice, our lunch would be rice. I would also prepare two side dishes. Originally, they planned to clean up the house and purchase missing items, so they bought pieces of bread home to eat it immediately. But now they could eat bread at night.

Anyway, let's start by polishing the rice first.

I think the reason why rice was unpopular in this country was mostly that they didn't polish it. They also didn't know how to cook it. Without polishing it, the taste and texture would be affected... But then, the nutritional value for unpolished rice would be higher.

That's why I prepared a few mortars and wooden pestles to do that. I had some of these in my [Storage]. I made it in bulks when I taught the landlady how to cook rice. I could just polish the rice using a glass bottle? I wouldn't do something so troublesome. I prioritized the time efficiency when smashing the grain of rice.

The group who would polish the rice was the girl with free time, Maricle, and Ryuu. Cain and Boman didn't look like they would be useful since they were being too depressed. I didn't want them to bother me, so I pushed them into their room.

What should I make for the side dish? Since we just talked about it, how about making something from potatoes? Who cares if they just had a dispute over the food stall! What harassment! ...No, I admit I wanted to harass him, but that's not the main reason I wanted to cook it.

I taught this recipe to Arle, not to Boman. If Boman wanted to know the recipe, he had no choice but to help Arle. If he really wanted to open the stall, he should help her out... He should be aware of his mistakes and do something on his own to achieve his dreams.

I realized that I was being a bit too generous on him, but I didn't care since half of my intention was to harass him. Maybe I should use the potatoes for dinner too.

As I pondered so, a visitor came. It was Gim.

Apparently, he came to give Triela and the others some orc meats to celebrate their move. Hmm, meat... For the ingredients, we had potatoes, some vegetables, plus... onions and carrots. There were some bacon and ham, but I guess we should go with raw meat first?

By the way, this ham and bacon had been processed at the pelt processing shop introduced to them by Gim. It's great that they checked it out.

Anyhow, what should I make? Ah... How about meat and potato stew? Since we were cooking rice, that dish would be perfect.

This dish didn't suit the stalls, but who cares. Even if someone forced themselves to do it, the preparations would be troublesome. It's unlikely that the public would be excited with stalls selling stews. Yeah, let's just go with this.

I wanted to have soup too, but using too many ingredients would be troublesome. This should be enough.

I wanted to use seasonings like dashi and mirin, but I only used soy sauce as the basic flavoring. After all, those seasonings were hard to obtain. Personally, I wasn't satisfied with the taste. But the sweetness of the onion and carrot and the taste of the meat was making the stew delicious, so it's okay. By the way, I didn't put shirataki. I think it's only me who could make it anyway.

With Arle's help, the preparation of the meat and potatoes took almost no time. Still in the pot, I pull it off the heat. This step was important to make sure the broth was absorbed into the meat giving it that extra flavor. Just reheat it again a few minutes before eating.

Next was the rice. Since a large number of people polished it earnestly, the amount of rice was not bad. But then, I planned to cook rice for the dinner, so the rice polishing hell would continue soon. Good luck! They could use the rice-bran that came out after rice polishing as their detergent when washing, or as a body soap when taking a bath. By the way, I didn't teach them how to make a fermented rice bran bed since it was too troublesome. Well, I admit that it was delicious and nutritious. Rice bran had many other uses, but cramming too much unnecessary information into their heads was not worth it. I'll only teach them this for now.