Chapter 70 - Blacksmith Training Start

The next day, I left the house with Lily and Arisa around noon, I was going by carriage and I thought the two were seeing me off, but…

“We will go with Ren.”

“If we’re going by carriage, we can just ride it back to the second division later, right~?”

“No, there’s no need to go out of your way to drop me off.”

“No good! For Ren to be walking all alone, that’s definitely a no!”

“Norn and Bell will also be with me.”

“That’s still not enough!”

No, you’re just being really overprotective. Since it didn’t look like a refusal was possible, I gave up and we headed to the blacksmith’s workshop together.

“Well then, we’ll be going in now, are you ready?”

“Don’t do anything weird, okay~? Be prudent, okay~?”

“I’m fine, so let’s just go in already~”

After exchanging such words, I was finally able to enter the workshop. As expected, I shouldn’t have let them come along! I’m not a child! Or no, I’m only physically 11 years old!

“Hello~”

“Ah, you’re finally here! I was worried whether you would make it!”

Ehh, like I said I’m not a child… rather, you’re the workshop’s master, so please don’t wait on me.

“Um, have you been perhaps waiting since this morning?”

“I have been waiting since this morning! Rather, let’s head to the back already!”

I was taken again upon arrival. Is it perhaps going to be like this the entire day?

We went along a passageway towards the back. There were a number of rooms along the way, and I was given an explanation of what each room was for. A room for leatherwork for making sheaths or sword belts, a room for sharpening blades, a smithy exclusive to the master smith, several smithies used by other craftsmen, and some spare smithies. It seems that I would be renting one of these spare smithies. And the fire was already lit too. Too quick! I won’t have enough fuel left…

There was also storage for steel, storage for finished products, storage for coke fuels, and such… well, essentially a lot of rooms.

After passing by various rooms, we reached a courtyard, and across it was a building that appeared to be the main building. Apparently, there was an employee dormitory connected to the building. Additionally, the bath was also in the main building.

It seems that the first floor of the main building was a dining room, and when we were guided there, there were several people already inside. I was introduced to everyone who was currently here, but I’ll skip over that part for now. Incidentally, I had my hood down during introductions, so the reactions were like usual.

After the introductions, I was guided to the room I would use. It was a room in the middle of the hallway on the second floor of the dormitory.

I was given the key and I went inside, the room appeared to be about 6 tatami mats-wide. There was a bed and closet provided, but I would be replacing the bed later. I couldn’t sleep on a hard mattress. Since I have Storage I guess I won’t be using the closet? Norn and Bell apparently had to sleep in the courtyard. It seems we wouldn’t be able to sleep together. How mean.

I changed into a pair of pants and easy-to-move clothes inside the room, then headed back to the shop building across the courtyard. I was guided to the smithy I would be renting.