Watch That Mouth

~ "your love lifts me up like helium" ~

Vera's POV

A stream of sunlight creeps in through the big window in my bedroom and for a moment, I feel totally at peace in my warm bed. Until I look over and see Aria still here, knocked out right next to me. She does look angelic though, her curly hair splayed over the pillow, and the sunlight beams on her soft facial features. I smile at the sight and brush a stray curl away from her face. For a moment, I feel completely tranquil. Those lips.... I've never felt softer lips in my 35 years of living. I could spent eternity kissing her lips.

Then I remember. It's Friday. I have school.

"Shit!" I exclaim as I quickly grab my phone to check the time.

7:15

"Shit!!" I say again. I immediately bolt out of bed and decide to toss a spare pillow at the head of auburn curls, before I jump in the shower, assuming Aria will wake up. "Oh fuck me. Last time I let this idiot come over on a school night." I mumble as I strip in the bathroom.

Aria's POV

I am definitely not a morning person, and that's why I set multiple alarms every morning to make sure my lazy ass will get out of bed.  But, for some reason, I forgot last night was a school night and accidentally fell asleep at the Avila's. Now I am getting pillows thrown at my head because Vera and I slept in. It's only 7:30, school starts at 8:05, I don't know why she's tripping.

"Mmphf" I groan into the mattress, still not getting up. Fuck school.

"Aria you're gonna be late!" Vera shouts from the bathroom. I roll my eyes and burrow deeper into the bed. I hear footsteps approaching, before I'm once again smacked with a pillow.

"Ouch!" I whine, now sitting up. Blowing frizzy curls out of my face, I giggle as I see Vera with wet hair and a toothbrush in her mouth. She still stuns somehow.

"Get. Up."

"Okay okay! I'm getting up! Jesus!" Vera just rolls her eyes and goes back to the bathroom. This is why I hate mornings, it's not even bright out! I take the warm blanket off my body, then decide it is too damn cold in this house to get up. No school today.

I don't know how long passes until Vera comes back out of the bathroom, sees me still half asleep, and grabs a spray bottle. She wastes no time shooting a good amount of water on my face.

"Goddamn it Vera!" I exclaim, now even colder.

"I'm not saying it again Aria" Vera says in a threatening tone. The look on her face is enough to make me nod my head and scramble out of the warm bed. She smirks and starts curling her auburn hair. "Leaving in 5 minutes if you want a ride" she says from the bathroom. I groan and grab my jeans from last night, and shake out my hair some. My makeup is still on from last night, it's a little smudged, but I still look hot. I go into the bathroom and use my finger and toothpaste to brush my teeth. Vera chuckles and turns off the curler. I have to take a second to admire her outfit. She looks gorgeous with mom jeans, a light green sweater, and heels.

"I'm gonna go start the car. It snowed a ton last night" she says, leaving the room. I have to take a minute, as I stare in the mirror and try to calm myself.

"You slept at Vera Avila's house" I whisper. "And she likes you!" I quietly freak out for a few seconds before regaining my composure.

I throw on my converse and head downstairs. I see a pot of coffee and help myself to a mug. I check the time, 7:50. I make an anxious sound, before dashing out the door. Vera's in her now warm car, and I jump in, careful not to spill the coffee or eat shit on the icy driveway.