Best Neighbor Ever

I felt so tired. Exhausted. Worn-out. Spent. I'm so tired of this damn façade. Pretending to love someone is one thing, but pretending to be someone you're not is another.

"Wanna come back to my place?" my boyfriend, Michael, asked while he ran his hand through his hair that was so greasy it almost looked wet. I pretended not to hear him and instead stared intently out the window, admiring the passing trees. There's nothing wrong with Michael, he's the most popular guy at school and good looking, but I'm just not attracted to him. We've been dating for a few months, and this entire time I haven't felt anything for him. I only said yes to a first date because he's captain of the football team and every girl in school would love to date him, plus my friends basically forced me to go. I'm just waiting for the day he breaks up with me for one of the blonde bimbos that follow him around like puppies.

Sometimes I feel like I'm an actress in a movie, just acting out my role. The role being the straight A's straight girl with the dreamboat boyfriend, the perfect home life, and countless friends. But that gets so exhausting. I'm gay, if you hadn't already guessed. I've known forever but just the thought of telling anyone makes me nauseous. There was a girl that came out when we were freshmen, but the bullying got so bad she had to be pulled out of school.

"Aria? Did you hear me?" Michael asked, pulling me back to reality.

"Oh sorry. Um I actually have to get back to my house to help my mom with something. Thanks for taking me to the movies though. I had a good time" I lied through my teeth. It was a shitty action movie that was mind numbingly stupid, but I guess that's what you get when you let your teenage boyfriend pick the movie. Michael just nodded and soon enough we were pulling up my driveway. I had my hand on the door handle, ready to get out, but Michael put his hand on my thigh, making my body go stiff.

"Don't I get a kiss?" he asked. I so wanted to scream 'NO! GET AWAY FROM ME' and make a run for it to my front door, but I managed to contain myself. I offered a small smile and pecked him on the lips, but he put his hand on the back of my head and held me there as he forced his fat tongue into my mouth. Suddenly I was extremely nauseous. I pulled away and got out of the car without saying anything. Wiping my mouth, I watched as he drove away. Maybe one of these days I'll get the balls to break up with him.

As I walk up my driveway, I make eye contact with our neighbor, Mrs. Avila. She smiles first and gives me a little wave. I just smile back and head into my house. Her and I don't talk much, just the polite greetings. All I know about her is that her house is next to mine, she has two spawns: a five year old, Haven, and a 8 year old, Elody, as well as a hot husband, and she teaches at my school. She teaches underclassmen French, so I've never had her. I do have to admit that she's a sight for sore eyes. She has big blue eyes, full lips, and brown hair that goes just past her shoulders.

I enter our quiet house and kick off my docs. My mothers' never home this early, not that I mind. My dad hasn't been in the picture for years, which, again, is fine by me. I'm not a huge fan of either of them. I bound upstairs and go into my room, with its' poster filled walls and excessive amount of plants, and throw all my things on the ground. I make myself comfortable in my bed that's basically a mountain of pillows, and accidentally drift off to sleep.

I'm woken up by the shouting of my name coming from downstairs. I rub my weary eyes and go downstairs to find that my mother has returned from work.

"Why are you shouting?" I ask, still adjusting to being conscious.

"I got a phone call from the neighbor, Mrs. Avila, she needs a babysitter and can't find anyone else so she was wondering if you would mind."

"I mean I had plans to go to this party tonight at Michael's. I planned an outfit and everything" I reason. I don't even want to go to that party, I just want to be lazy and binge Netflix.