Face In The Mirror, Chapter Twelve.

The party seemed more fun since I was with Matt, after the incident before Matt wouldn't even take his eyes off me for a second. I didn't mind a bit since I was so thankful that he'd come along to my rescue. Matt was so kind to Ondine. He didn't even care when she couldn't speak right. he even helped her to pronounce some things better. He was a real gem, I'm so glad that we've become friends.

Some drunk idiots past us on there way to the door, I saw Matt pull a disgusted face. "Why did you even put out beer tonight if you don't even like it?" I asked over the top of the music. "I didn't." He said. "People just brought it themselves, I have no personal respect for beer what so ever. Do you want something to drink?"

I nodded my head, "Yea!"

I dragged Ondine from the crowed and lead her to the kitchen, Matt started holding onto my hand while guiding us. His hands were smooth and rather cold even though it felt like 95 degrees in here, it felt rather nice if you ask me. Matt opened the fridge and pulled out three cans of coke and chucked them at each of us, "Thank you!" Said Ondine with a smile.

I cracked open my can and took a few small sips. "Hay," Said Matt. "Do you guys want to join me out side?, it feels like Thailand in here."

He opened the back door for as and we stepped out side, the yard was more beautiful the front. There was a white seat that was sitting under a huge willow tree, it'd been raining so the wet grass was lit up by fairy lights that had been strung  across the bushes.

We walked across the lawn and just talked, most of it could have just been common rambling what there were a few laughs in between.                                                                                                                   "Claire," Said Ondine. "Me am tiered, I need to sleep."                                                                                     She wrapped her arms around Matt and myself as we carried her across the lawn, she was tiered and you could feel her feet getting more heavy as we walked her to the porch. On it was a porch swing were we rested her, she literally fell asleep when she curled herself up on the swing."Shall we sit under the willow tree said Matt?"

I nodded, "Yea."

We walked across the lawn and matt laid his coat down for me on the chair so I wouldn't get wet from the rain. He was wearing a dark green t-shirt which was cut at his shoulders and revealing his surprisingly muscular arms, I quickly closed my mouth when I realised that I was staring at him. I started to change the subject.                                                                                                                                "Where's your mum and dad right now? Do they know that your throwing a party?" I said.

"Um.." He said. "I actually don't live with my parents, this is my aunt's place. She's away with her boyfriend in England, I haven't seen my parents for at least seven years."

He paused and looked down at his shoes, he looked like he wasn't comfortable with this.

"I haven't seen them because there struggling with looking after me. My brother died when I was twelve." Said Matt. 

His breath was short and sort of gasping, I could tell Matt was trying not to cry infront of me. "Oh my gosh Matt," I said. "I'm so sorry. What happened?" I looked right at him. He seemed to perfect in the moon light, his green eyes gleamed like polished emeralds.                                                                         "His name was Noah, he was in year 11 when he was invited to a party with his girlfriend Beth. He was having a great time until some guy came up and started feeling my brothers girlfriend up, he tried to stop him but the other guys drunk friend came up and stabbed him from behind and got him in the corner of his liver. He didn't even make it to the hospital." Said Matt.

He was trying so hard to be strong but in the end he couldn't help himself, the ocasional tear trickled down his face. I felt there was nothing more to do than hold his hand.

"Matt, it's ok. You don't have to be brave and heroic all of the time, soon your going to meet someone that's going to turn your whole world upside down and make you feel special, then you'll have someone to stand by you." I said. His eyes had become soft and shinning, he smiled at me. "Soon." He said.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

Please tell me what you think of this chapter!

This bit is were you see Matt and Claire coming closer together, I think it's sad how Matt's brother died but I love it when Claire tells him that he'll meet someone special soon and he replies, "Soon."

That line just starts to give you big idea's!

:D                                                                   

I wrote the rest of this chapter ages ago but when the website fizzled out it didn't save!

That's why theres a new bit in this chapter.

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK! :D