Enzo

The elevator door opened and Alex stepped into the hallway of the hotel floor. Some men were scattered around the floor including Matt. He led her to a door and knocked on her behalf.

Alex's heart raced, not knowing how the meeting would end. Enzo was sleeping in her arms and she honestly wanted to put him down to relieve her arms.

After Josh left, she waited for Enzo to wake up and prepared him for this moment. Alex was nervous, she looked at Matt and he nodded at her, reassuring her that everything was going to be alright.

The clicking of the door caught her attention once again. She gulped as the door opened to an informally dressed Damon. Gone was the crisp suit and intimidating tie, it was replaced by a white vest and a grey jogger.

He clearly wasn't expecting her because she caught the surprise on his face.

"Alexandria," he opened the door wide for her to come in.

"Sorry, for not prompting you that I'd be coming today." She said to him.

"Oh, of course. You're always welcome. And your baby too." He gestured towards the sleeping Enzo in her hands.

Alex noted that Damon was flustered. He was looking everywhere but at her. His hair was standing in all places like he had run his fingers through it a lot of times.

"I need to put him to bed. He's been asleep-"

"Of- of course." He snapped into action and led her to the bedroom. The bed was massive, as was everything about Damon. She laid Enzo down and kissed him.

She walked back to the living room with Damon following her. He stood awkwardly, he had probably not been faced with a situation like this before.

"Do you want something to drink?" He asked her.

"Yes. Your strongest please."

He chuckled at her statement and poured her some drink from the bottle that was on the table. She gulped it. Her first glass always goes down in a gulp. It was her thing; this time though, the moment called for such action.

"Hi"

He smiled, "hi "

They were both standing awkwardly.

"Josh left."

Damon said nothing.

"We're divorced now."

Silence still.

She didn't know why, after everything, that was the first thing she was saying to him. She saw him staring at her and didn't know what to make of that.

"Look, Damon, if you don't want me here- I'll just take my leave-" She made to walk to the bedroom but Damon rushed to her.

"No, no, stay Alexandria. I'll always want you with me. Your place is with me forever. " He held her hands.

"Then why are you acting like you don't want me here."

"It's not- it's just that seeing you here, it's so surreal. I've thought about this day for over two years, and now that you're here, I'm speechless."

"I thought I had lost you, Damon. I thought you were gone from me, forever. The only thing that kept me going was Enzo and Josh."

He released her hands, the action hurt Alex but she said nothing.

"Have a seat Alexandria." He gestured to the couch opposite him. She sat down.

"Why did you divorce him if you loved him?"