Check-Up

Over the next few months, my bedwetting lessened and I was actually going days-on-end without an accident. It was at the end of April, when my mother started to allow me to stop wearing protection to bed. It was a huge milestone and we celebrated by going to the Applebee's. Of course, I drank too much and had an accident that night, but that didn't bother me.

Since my bedwetting had decreased significantly, I was signed up for a 2 week sleep away camp program. It sounded like a lot of fun, that I was really looking forward to it.

3 weeks before I was set to go, I went to Dr. Goodwin for my yearly check-up, especially as he needed to fill out the camp's medical forms. Nurse Michelle walked into the room, and handed me a gown. She then told me to take off all my clothes, except for my underwear. "I brought this gown special for you, as I remembered how embarrased you were last time,to sit around in tgose cute briefs of yours", she said. I turned bright red, completely humiliated by that comment.

After I was in the gown, she came back and asked why we there. "He's going to Camp Wilderness and needs his medical forms filled out", said my mother. "Ooooh", exclaimed Nurse Michelle, "my brother is a division head there and my oldest son, Nick, will also be going this year". She then turned to me and said, "I take it, that you stopped having accidents, if you're going to sleep away programs". "For the most part," I responded. "I still have the occasional accident, which is why I'm still wearing these briefs", I said, opening the flap of the gown, pointing at my despicable me underwear. "Oh, don't worry Nick also wears briefs, in fact he has the same exact pair", said Nurse Michelle. "I'm sure you'll become friends". I wasn't too sure, but I nodded my head anyways. "Dr. Goodwin will be in with you shortly", she said as she left the room.

After 20 minutes of waiting, Dr. Goodwin entered. "Do you mind if I bring in some interns", he asked. My mother told him that it was fine, and 2 more people entered. He first gave me my routine physical, while I felt self conscious about everyone staring at me. But then he asked, "how's the bedwetting going, I see you're still wearing briefs". I told him that I've been dry for almost a full month and only have an occasional accident. "OK", he said. "I'm still marking down that you wet the bed on the medical forms, as it's best to be prepared". I didn't understand what he meant, but nodded my head anyways. Finally the visit was over.