|17| delusions

The room sat in stunned silence. Your voice was hardly above a whisper, "What?"

"I told you about the hospital-"

"-Joong," Seonghwa stepped in front of him before he could go on, earning him a dirty look from the leader. Seonghwa returned the look with his own, brows furrowed together in a sort of authority he held back. Hongjoong was well aware that Seonghwa was older than him, though their level of maturity was identical. That's about the only authority Seonghwa could have over Hongjoong, but it was all he needed. The voice of reason.

"You're not thinking straight. She needs to calm down, and so do you. It's been an eventful day, for all of us." Seonghwa looked around the room, meeting eyes with San and Wooyoung who both ducked under his gaze. "Let's just take it easy. Someone needs to find Mingi, he's probably blaming himself for everything."

Hongjoong sighed and sat on the edge of some bedding, scratching his head.

He wanted to keep you oblivious to your surroundings but that's getting more and more dangerous. Having you around could be advantageous in their pursuits, besides, a new face could be refreshing.

But then he looks at your face and realizes it's the face of someone who's never killed in their life.

Who is he to ruin that?

He sees good. A soul that hasn't been lost. He won't admit part of him wants to protect that, the innocence they once had alluring and precious.

Lifting his head, he noticed the bag of peas in your lap. Blinking, tired mind tried to connect the dots for a reasonable explanation but he came up blank. "Who gave you the bag of peas?"

You put a hand on it, startled by the change in conversation. "Um, San did."

Seonghwa tried to find a reason that didn't sound completely strange, "She was cold. Won't warm up."

Hongjoong sauntered over to you and placed a ringed knuckle against your forehead. A sharp spark of static jumped between you two, causing Hongjoong to flinch back and retract his hand. He hissed- less of pain and more of surprise.

You just put your palm over your head, feeling the tingle linger. static doesn't usually sting people from the head, let alone that hard. That hurt. Hongjoong glanced to the water outside, now pouring very lightly, if any, the wind still pulling the trees and branches and the sky still dark. Cogwheels turned in his brain. He took the peas from you and turned to San.

"That's gross," He remarked.

San opened his mouth opened in protest, "Yunho told me to!"

"Yeah, because it was all I could think of," He defended. "What easy way can you warm someone up?"

The blue haired boy looked at the others incredulously. Was this really the train of thought his team carried? "A bath. Duh."

A series of 'oh's followed as the blue-haired boy shook his head, disappointed in his peers, leaving the room. Yunho said something about how Seonghwa was rushing them too much, Wooyoung rolled over, facing away from the ruckus. San busied himself with something he found on the dresser as Yunho sank into a mattress in defeat.

As you and Hwa went downstairs Yeosang was not far behind. The older male turned the handle of the bathtub, insisting he should help despite your reckonings of 'No, seriously, I can do it's, he shushed you by ordering you grab more towels. When you returned the two boys were speaking in a hushed, eager one.

"You haven't seen him at all?" Yeosang asked.

"Not since I got here. But you know how he gets, running off and blaming himself and whatnot," Seonghwa submerges his hand in the water, turning the dial hotter. "He'll be back."