Part 2

Ruby snuck around town, trying not to get spotted. She knew that Rocky or Chris had to be around.

"Where are these idiots?.." She whispered to herself. "Nobody's out today! I swear, I need this whisker, or I'm gonna.."

Molly suddenly walked up behind her, and greeted her warmly.

"Hi!" She said.

Ruby immediately jumped, and turned around, with her fists up.

"Hey! Don't scare me like that!!" She shouted.

"Sorry." Said Molly. "I didn't mean to."

"Well you should be more careful. You should know better than to sneak up on a skunk."

"Hey, I said I was sorry. Besides, I was just saying hi."

Ruby suddenly stopped. She looked at Molly's whiskers.

"Is something wrong?" Asked Molly.

"N-Nothing." Said Ruby. "I was just.. Looking at your.. your cheeks!"

Molly raised an eyebrow.

"My cheeks?"

"Yes!" Said Ruby. "They're very red. You must be freezing."

"I mean.. I guess I am a little bit cold." Said Molly.

"Well then, come back to my house! I can help warm you up!"

Molly smiled, and shook her head.

"No, thanks." She said. "I appreciate the offer, but I'm waiting for a friend. We're going to her place for some hot cocoa."

"Oh yeah? Well.. I have hot cocoa!" Said Ruby.

"That's very kind, but I'll have to decline."

Molly began to walk away. Ruby groaned, and followed her, walking up along side.

"Look, I'm gonna be honest..." Said Ruby. "I don't have hot cocoa."

"Then why would you tell me you did?" Asked Ripple.

"Because I.. I need one of your whiskers."

"My whiskers?"

"Yeah." Said Ruby. "I need it for a potion, and it has to be given to me willingly, or it won't work."

"But I need my whiskers!" Said Molly.

"Yeah, but I need this potion." Said Ruby.

"Well I'm sorry, but I don't think I can give up one of mine. Maybe ask someone else?"

Molly began to walk away again. Ruby scowled. She suddenly looked to the ground, and saw a large block of ice that was forming on the side of the road. She picked it up, and held it above her head.

"Sorry, but I need one of those whiskers." She said.

She threw the block of ice, completely missing Molly in the process. The block of ice shattered as it hit the concrete road. Molly turned around, and stared at her.

"Did.. you just.."

Ruby panicked, and grabbed a decent sized chunk of the ice. Molly turned around, and immediately tried to run, but Ruby immediately threw the block of ice at her, which hit her in the back of the head. She was unconscious before she hit the ground.