The ball, the stars appear

Dust is at the ball in Nightmares castle but there are other demons there as well

_________________________

It's not everyday that they have a ball, well it's the 2nd time that they have a ball and Dust is not having fun at all. There are various demon's that can kill him at any moment in here so he just stays mostly next to the walls. This time Nightmares' reassurances that nothing bad will happen weren't enough to make him more calm.

No one will recognize him because of the crow mask that he is wearing but he can't help but to feel anxious, especially with Nightmare just sitting on the throne and just looking at everyone from afar. Why can't he get his demon butt over here?? A, he shouldn't say that, that's just disrespectful.

"You shouldn't stand next to the walls when the party is only starting." Dust turns his attention to the owner of the voice. It's a demon, who else could it be? Except that his horns are really tiny compared to the horns of other demons and he is dirty with.. paint? He has whiskers painted on his face.

"May I have this dance?" Dust stares at the hand offered to him, without an answer given the demon takes his hand and they dance. It's like a nightmare for the mortal, the demon keeps on asking things like 'where are you from' and 'can you show me around the place' or 'were you kidnapped here'.

The last one has Dust thinking that something is wrong and suspicious about the guy.

In the middle of the dance Killer just drags Dust under the table and puts a finger to his teeth, the demon gestures for him to be quiet. "That's ink, don't tell him anything."

Ink?! That one demon lord that tries to fight with Nightmare for position n sh? A, killer should have told him sooner instead of dragging him under the table.

The other demon, Ink joins them under the table in confusion and whispers. "What are you two doing? Can I join?"

"No." Killer teleports the two of them next to Nightmares throne and Dust just sits next to it on a chair. Nightmare gives them a questioning look but doesn't say anything.

Ink stares at them for a moment in what could be only described as suspicion before he goes to talk to one of the older dark demon's.

Killer leaves, Dust gets more questioning looks from demon's that come to the ball and greet Nightmare but not even one of them comments on his presence, that is until a very bright being arrives.

Is it a demon or an angel? No horns but the wings and the feathers are black, whatever he is, he sure is making Nightmare angry by his sole existence. "Welcome brother- Oh! Is this your consort?"

Nightmare does not answer the question, just turns him around with his tentacles and pushes him to the crowd.

"No"

Not yet. Dust smirks as he looks at Nightmare. It's hidden by the mask but the demon lord looks back at him as he senses that someone is looking at him. "No comment.