Chapter 18: Rose Has His Baby

Jack was driving when a call came in.

"Hello." He answered. "Kimberly!"

"Yeah, how are you?"

His eyes narrowed under his thick, furrowed brows. "What?!" He halted the car at once.

"I just... Okay, just calm down. Just calm down. I will be with you soon. I'd be right there." Jack stammered and cut the call. He widened his eyes, pointed at the road, with tightly pressed lips.

'What's happening?' Jack pondered, knowing something was wrong. He revered and took a U-turn to Denim's house.

A great tremor escaped Kimberly, and she covered her face in her trembling hand as her phone dropped. This was the least expected. The wall reeled behind her like this was all a dream.

"Kim, prepare your mind on how to handle this." Asher pleaded in low tone and short sentences. "Okay.. I'm. I am also sorry."

The door flung open and Jack stepped in. Closing the door behind him, before walking up to them in the living room. Kimberly's lips and chin trembled as she cried. A flow of tears poured out of her squeezed eyes, down her ashen cheeks. The sound of wailing and suffering echoed throughout the room, and Jack joined her on the lathered sofa. He paused for a while before taking his seat. Nothing was clear to him, yet. His eyes widened amidst his shallow breaths. Jack had never seen Kim cry. She looked miserable with her scattered hair over her face. He pulled her closely, and she rested her heavy head against his firm shoulders, weeping more.

"Asher." Jack called when he noticed his quietness.

Jack guiltily chewed on his lower lip and his lips formed a line. Finding the words to say to calm them down.

"Look, Jack. I'm... I'm sorry, I should have told you this three days ago." Denim rasped, a little incensed.

"Tell me what?" Jack's frown darkened.

"I, um... I discovered that Denim is having an affair with Rose." Asher swallowed down the words and paused a while before he continued.

"Rosemary is... She's pregnant with Denim. When I found out, Denim stole my phone. Because he knew that there was an evidence on that phone that I was going to show you." he whined in a low rumble but explained.

"He drugged Kimberly last night and now he is off with all his luggage. We do not know where Rose and Denim are."

Jack couldn't help himself. His jaws dropped and his eyebrows shot toward the ceiling with no eye contact. He realized why Rose had postponed their wedding date. A hand smacked on his forehead and wiped through his flushed face, adjusting his seat that creaked.

"I'm sorry Jack."

"That lier! He cheated me!" Kimberly mumbled incoherent things through her hands and choked on her sobs. She sniffed quietly, trying not to cry, but more tears ran through her face instead. Kimberly bled the salt of her soul out and poured from her swollen eyes.

Jack blinked his eyes in disbelief. This was all a dream, a nightmare. "What evidence are you talking about?" His voice came hoarse and thick in the anger's wall swelling in him.

"When we left here three days ago, I went to visit my sister in the hospital and I saw them coming out of her office. After they left, I asked her what they came for. She said they came for the pregnancy test."

Kimberly threw her head backwards with closed eyes, and more hot torrents of grief coursed down her face.

"Rose has his baby."

Jack had lost his arrogance, growing in puzzlement while his black brows made a bar above his dark-shaded eyes. Cold with fury, he froze at the thought, shocked by what to do or say. They did all this and nobody realized before it was too late.

"I'm so sorry. I'm sorry." Asher pleaded for forgiveness. He chewed on his lower lip, negatively shaking his head.

"Yeah." Jack adjusted his seat again while his expression bled with pains. His lips curled up with clenched Jaws. Then he pointed a finger at Asher. "So, uh... You knew about this. We live together and you said nothing to me?"

Asher stated at the ground, lost for words. His flushed face only held a tight-lipped smile.

"You imposter!" A molten anger rolled through Jack as he fired at from this seat to Asher's, grabbing him by the collar of his long-sleeved shirt. Almost tore it up as his resentment festered in him.

"What have you done?" Jack tightened the grip and Kimberly's fragile heart dropped, watching the both of them. Threatened with her life, she hoped it wouldn't worsen.

"I trusted you, Asher, what's wrong with you!" He widened his eyes pointedly.

"Look, Jack! I never understood the importance of friendship until now. You must have been married to her!" Asher held onto his neck, as dried coughs whooped out of him. "I'm sorry."

"I don't want to have anything to do with you, again, ever!" Jack barked at Asher while he wore a sympathetic look. Raising his pleading eyes towards him. He wallowed, unable to say anything.

Deep emotions stirred with no other outlet, but through Kimberly's long-lasting sobs, intervened. Her constant sniff was like she was resisting tears. "I would never forgive Rose. I would never forgive her. She would rot with that baby in her womb. I would rain curses on her every day. I would never forgive her." Kimberly painfully repeated as ringing tears the ran in between her chest.

"Rose," Asher cut in. "You don't have to curse your friend. This is not how to handle things."

"You, get out of my house!" Her irritation flared at him like gunshots. "Are you dump? I said get out of my house!" She threw a pillow at him and he caught it before he gets to him.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Asher apologized as he dragged his feet outside.

Kimberly grabbed her head with both hands, crying harder at the thought of losing Denim. 'What if he had the opportunity? Would he have poisoned me to be with Rosemary? Does he even loves me?' She pondered at the hurtful thoughts, remembering their last moment together.

Kimberly coughed, nearly suffocating on her tears.

Jack as well couldn't believe it. He'd always remained faithful to Rose, knowing she wouldn't cheat on him. He'd even vowed to remain calibrate for her. It turned out that the most reserved girl he'd ever known was not who he thought she was. She's an impostor! A freaking charlatan!

Rage ran red through his brain as he bit his anger.

An ache started deep in Kimberly's stomach as she cried harder, but Jack turned away as his eyes welled in the tears.

'Denim would definitely pay for this!'