Chapter 10: God Have Mercy!

"God have mercy!" Rose turned to Kimberly. "Are you injured?"

"No, but it literally scared me to death!"

"I never knew getting closer to Denim was such a big deal! And I never gave Jack any idea that I was going to dare him, no!"

Kimberly rolled her eyes and warned. "Jack is going crazy over you."

Rose gasped with raised eyebrows and widened eyes. Her lips slotted in two, espousing her lower teeth. It felt like a joke. "Those shady men are incapable of loving anyone but themselves!"

"It really hurt him when he heard Denim won over your heart. You're going to be the one to breach two friends." Kimberly warned, and Rose's eyes narrowed as she glanced sideways.

"No, I won't! And don't tell me that Denim has won my heart over! See, I could see through that deceitful church rat, I know what he's up to!" Rose's nose wrinkled with her upper lips, raised.

"What? He didn't win your heart?" Kimberly replied in contempt.

"No... I have no such feelings for Denim and I never would. He goes around flirting with every church girl. I regret ever taking him to church!"

"Uh... Okay." Kimberly blew out her cheeks.

"Ugh! God..." Rose held her head in confusion. The conversation was so appalling to her that she was covered in goosebumps.

"Then you should invite Jack to church, since he's really into you." Kimberly advised.

"If he wants to, he's welcome. Oh God, I just.... Want to explode like. Those guys are on my case and you also want to make me explode! Ughhh!" Rose steeped her fingers as if a better idea popped up in her mind. She faced Kimberly with a smile. "Do you like Denim?"

"Excuse me?" She stepped back in a frozen state, trying to get the question.

"Oh, you like Jack."

Kimberly tightened her lip with a sour expression. Her beautiful eyes narrowed with crossed arms, but she gave no reply.

"Kim, you sound desperate to have them in your life. You can date any or all of them. So please, don't paint a picture of me being intimate with any of them. I beg you in the lord's name." Rose's voice shivered as she begged.

It was as if she was close to tears. It's been two months since they met at Felicia's wedding and she hasn't had a minute of peace.

Tired, Kimberly rolled her eyes and sank into one of the sofa. It cried, and she realized how saggy it had become. Though it still looked good. "Ugh!" Kimberly exhaled, calming her nerves

"Jeez!" Rose gasped and walked into her room.

'Knock! Knock! Knock!' Three swift knocks came at the door and Rose received it.

She opened the door at once and beamed a smile at him. "Oh, Denim."

Rose had a lavender Grey tiered dress that perfectly fitted her fair skin, and she left her hair down.

Once Denim stepped in, she close the door behind them. The gentle afternoon breeze fondled with Rose's straight, brushed hair. As she tucked her messy hair behind, the demons inside Denim flared. Her naturally blushed cheeks begged for his attention, but he ignored it. He knew he was falling for her.

Denim placed his right hand in his right pocket. The long-sleeved shirt on him hugged his toned muscles. It was his first time entering her apartment, and Kimberly wasn't home. He just came back from work and checked up on her.

"So how is Jack?"

"He's okay. It's not as if he suffered from any injuries." His baritone voice replied. "What about me?"