Chapter 15: The Light

“So let me supervise the goods before you take off.” Jack instructed an employee over the phone when Rose entered.

She had a ruffled black skirt with a pleated, long-sleeved shirt. She had a black beret on and her flat black sandal made her look reserved.

“Hi baby,” she placed a soft peck on his cheekbone and he did the same to hers.

“Hi”

“Why do we always have to meet here? Why not in your apartment?” Rose whined as they took a seat.

“Asher had a female guest... There’s this girl he met on social media, Holly. So I just gave them some space.” He replied, scratching his clean beard with his fingertips while Rose pulled her lips down and nodded in understanding.

“Okay,”

“Okay, so about the wedding. Have you been able to talk to your bank?”

“About what?” She demanded autocratically, with a frown. “You mean to invite them?”

“Uh, not unnecessarily... Just to tell them to excuse you for our wedding before the training.”

Rose glanced at the ceiling and forcefully gasped. Holding onto her breath before letting go.

“Babe, can you just stop? Please!”

“But I want to-“

“I already told you, Jack! Three months is three months. I thought we talked about this.”

“But this is important to us, baby.”

“And I care about it also and it’s absolutely important to me, so please...” She stressed innocently, stared into his puzzled eyes and fondled with his beard. “I just need a little time. Just 3 months, okay?”

Rose turned to the bar tender

“Hello, please. Can I have a glass of juice?”

5 Weeks Later...

“She wants me to marry her.” Asher stated, rubbing on his beards, which were a little fuller than others. “You know why?”

“Why?” Jack asked, his eyes concentrated on his phone while replying to a chat.

“Holly is an orphan. She had to care for herself at a very tender age.”

“Oh, well, but I think you should know her better before getting any further.” Jack suggested.

“I already did. And we had a great sex and connection and it’s good.” He touched his eyes and chucked at the thought. “That’s wisdom!”

The both of them laughed at each other when Denim stepped downstairs to join them.

“Asher, you’re finished.” Jack pointed out. “I just hope she’s all you wish for.”

“Hey guys, what’s up?” Denim greeted, taking a seat amidst his friends. They sat down in his living room.

“Hey...” they chorused back. “What’s up, bro.”

He sighed tiredly and briefly gave them a warm handshake. “Good, how’s your day?

“Good.”

“What a surprise visit? You guys should have called.” Denim pointed out. “Do you want anything to drink?”

“No, no, no... We want nothing. I mean, I want nothing, but that’s not why I’m here.” Jack clarified. “I’m here because of Rose.”

Denim frowned at the thought. “What about Rose?”