Chapter 4: Part 1

Chapter 4: Break Ups and Secrets Revealed

(Unedited)

~~~~Scarlett Danielson~~~~

"Rise and Shine! Get up, Scarlett!"

I groaned and slowly opened my eyes to see Monica opening the white curtains.

"Come on, Scarlett. You are getting a tour of the estate and I need to get you ready," She said with enthusiasm. I looked at her and laughed at her mood.

"What are you laughing about? You should be getting ready," Monica told me and pulled the covers off my body.

My mom used to wake me up the same way. She would always yell for me to get up and then pull the covers off me. I wonder how my family is right now? Do they miss me? Are they looking for me?

Right now, I would be having breakfast with my family and my brother's fiancé. We would be arguing over bacon and laughing about random things.

"Scarlett! Are you listening to me?"

I looked up and saw a very frustrated Monica with her arms crossed over her chest. "Sorry, I was thinking of my family," I explained.

Her face instantly changed from frustration to sympathy. She sent me a small smile as she walked over to me.

"What do you mean? Can't you go see them?" Monica asked, confused over why I was glum.

Then I realized that maybe Victoria didn't know about Cole kidnapping me. But she could help me if I told her, right? No, I couldn't do that because she doesn't know anything about the supernatural.

"It's just very complicated right now. I'm not allowed to go see them or anyone for that matter," I explained and she nodded in understanding.

"Well I'm very sorry about that. But if you need anything, I am always here to help," Monica comforted me and gave me a side hug.

"Monica, why are you so nice to me now? It's not that I don't like it, but why?" I asked, confusion written all over my face. I had noticed a change in the way Monjca acted. She looked happier and free.

"Well you helped me realize that I don't need Chris in my life to be happy. He wasn't good for me and he wasn't willing to give me what I wanted. Maybe even needed. But anyways, you are now considered one of my best friends for helping me break up with Chris," She said with a smile.

"You broke up with Chris!" I yelled in shock.

"Yeah. Last night, I was supposed to spend the night with Chris in his room. But after our talk, I went to his room and explained everything to him. I broke up with him and left. He's been calling and texting me ever since."

I stared at Monica in surprise. I ruined her relationship with Chris. But maybe it was for the better?

"But anyways, Scarlett, you need to get ready for breakfast and a tour of the property. So I laid out some clothes for you and there are towels in the bathroom. When you're done getting ready come down to the kitchen for breakfast," Monica said, while walking to the open door.

Before I could stand up, Monica said,"Oh, I forgot to tell you. Cole will be joining us for breakfast along with a few other people."

My body tensed at the new information. I shivered when I heard his name. His name brought on a cold feeling. A feeling that caused goosebumps to appear on my skin.

I heard the door shut and that's when I fell back on to the bed. I grabbed a pillow and screamed into it for a few seconds, letting all the anger and frustration out.

After my little stress release, I immediately took a shower in the grand bathroom and got ready for breakfast with Cole, my kidnapper. I was incredibly nervous and terrified.

Nervous because I was having dinner with my kidnapper/ex patient, who I happened to take care of when he was hurt. And terrified because of the feelings I felt towards Cole. Those feelings were strange and new to me.

I always felt my stomach turn at the mention of his name and every time he looked at me I would feel protected. But the feeling that terrified me the most was the feeling of desire. The desire for him.

The problem was I didn't only feel desire. I also felt fear towards him. I was scared of him and the werewolf he is. I don't know anything about him and part of me doesn't want to know.

Before going down to breakfast, I checked myself in the mirror. Monica had laid out a nice sun white dress with a jean jacket and a nice pair of light brown sandals.

My strawberry blonde hair laid on my shoulders. I smiled at myself in the mirror, perfectly happy with how I looked.

I went straight down to the kitchen and saw Monica sitting on the island and Chris trying to talk to her.

They looked as if they were arguing over something. Monica had the look of sadness and guilt, but covered it with a look of anger. Chris, on the other hand, looked heartbroken and had the look of a lost puppy.

Monica's noticed me at the entrance and her face brightened. "Hey Scarlett. Everyone is waiting for us in the dinning room. Chris was just keeping me company and waiting for you."

I sent Chris a sad smile, which he returned. "I'm ready to eat. Let's go," I told her.

I followed Monica and Chris into the crowded dining room. A large table sat in the middle of the room with six people sitting around the table. Everyone looked up as we entered and stared.

I blushed at the attention and looked away. I really didn't like being the center of attention. Even as a child I hated it.

"Will everyone stop staring at the poor girl?" Monica asked with her arms crossing over her chest.

"Sorry," everyone mumbled in apology. "It's fine," I answered politely.

I heard Chris chuckle beside me. I looked up at his tall figure and saw him staring at Monica, who looked at him for a split second and turned away.

"Scarlett, you can sit next to me," Monica told me and guided me to a seat by the head of the table.

We sat down in two of the empty seats and Chris sat on the other side of the table, straight across from Monica.

I felt eyes on me and I looked around the room to see one man in particular looking at me. Before I could ask Monica who that man was, the room went quiet. You could hear a pin drop.

"Good morning everyone. I hope everyone has met Scarlett, my girlfriend," someone said.

I turned my head to object about me being their girlfriend. But then I saw Cole standing next to me with a smile on his face. He sat down at the head of the table and right next to me.

I gulped and played with my figures in my lap. "I'm not your girlfriend," I whispered.

"What was that, Scarlett?" Cole asked and I glared at him.

"I am not your girlfriend and I never will be," I said and stood up.

Everyone looked at me in shock and I ignored everyone's stares. I focused on Cole's reaction. His face darkened and his eyes became black. He growled and stood up. We looked at each other in the eyes and anger was written in his eyes. But before he could yell at me, someone ran into the room.

"I'm so sorry I'm late. The plane was delayed and my fiancé is pregnant. It won't happen again,Cole," a familiar voice said.

I quickly turned around and gasped.

"Mike!" It was him. My brother.

Hey everyone!!!! I hoped you liked this updated and the little twist at the end. Remember to comment, share, follow, and vote. I'm going to be updating this more frequently and also should I enter this in the wattys 2015? Please comment bellow.

70 votes for the quickest update.