Chapter 2

Chapter 2: A Werewolf and A Mate!
~~~~ Scarlett Danielson~~~~

"Scarlett, wake up. Come on, princess, wake up."

I groaned as I opened my eyes slowly and immediately felt a headache coming on. I tried to sit up, but a hand stopped me. My whole body froze at the cold touch but as the same time there was a spark of warmth.

I looked up to see Cole Redwood standing before me with a smile on his face. I stood up quickly, ignoring the pain in my head and glared at the man in front of me.

"Why the hell did you kidnap me?" I yelled with anger clearly in my voice. I didn't understand why I was kidnapped. I had only met this man once and he was unconcious for most of it.

"Do not talk to me in that tone. You will respect me and I will explain everything as soon as you are well," Cole told me in a commanding voice.

"I'm fine now," I said with a little bit of attitude. I noticed that I was back in the same bedroom I had first woken up in. I sat up and was met with a gorgeous pair of blue eyes. I felt Cole's warm breath fan my face and I started to get this weird feeling in my stomach.

Our noses touched and if one of us leaned, our lips would connect. I started to get lost in his dazzling blue eyes. My cheeks grew warm and I looked away, realizing the situation.

I heard Cole give out a sexy chuckle and I felt myself shiver. Why am I reacting like this? I have never been like this with a man. I decided to go back to the subject at hand.

"I'm ready for you to tell me the reason you kidnapped me. I deserve an explanation and I want the whole truth," I told him and Cole nodded. He stood up and kept his eyes on me.

"I will tell you the reason I kidnapped you. But first I need to explain to you a little bit about myself so then you will understand the whole reason," Cole said to me and I nodded for him to continue.

"Scarlett, I'm not human and so is everyone else in this house. The only human in this house is Monica, who works for me. But anyways, I am a werewolf and not just any werewolf, an alpha."

A werewolf? Was this some kind of joke?! My blood boiled at the lies Cole was telling me. Does he believe that I would actually believe him?

"Are you seriously telling me these lies? Do you expect me to believe that you are a supernatural creature that does not exist?!" I yelled, while waving my hands in the air, frustrated with the whole situation.

"I'm not lying, Scarlett. I am a werewolf and so is everyone else in this house. I am the alpha and the most feared one. I come from a long line of werewolves. Every member of my family is a werewolf," Cole told me with a serious tone in his voice. I studied the expression on his face and concluded that he was completely serious.

"Fine, I'll believe what you're saying if you show me," I said," show me that you are a werewolf." I crossed my arms over my chest and gave him a look of "I'm waiting." Cole nodded and said for me focus on his arm.

Cole took a few steps back and looked down, closing his eyes. He looked back up and his eyes were no longer a light blue.

They were now a shade of ruby red and glowing. My attention shifted to his arm, which held a glowing tattoo of a black wolf hunching over. The wolf was beautiful and left me stunned.

I gasped and brought my hand to cover my mouth. Cole's eyes turned back to blue and his tattoo disappeared. I was completely shocked at what I had just seen. Cole Underwood was a werewolf.

I stepped back and slowly sat back down on the bed. "I know it's a little shocking. But I am what I am. Are you okay?"

I nodded since I couldn't come up with the words to tell him. I thought about what I had just seen and Chris came to mind. Was he a werewolf? He seemed so nice and welcoming to be a werewolf.

"Is Chris a werewolf?" I asked quietly. I saw Cole let out an angry sigh and nod his head.

"Why are you so interested in Chris? Do you like him? I hope you don't because he has his mate and you won't be able to get out of this room if you do!" Cole yelled with a tone of outrage and something else that I couldn't detect. Jealousy?

"I'm not interested in Chris. I was just asking. Monica seems to have made it clear that Chris belongs to her. Now what is a mate?"

Cole shifted nervously, but then returned to his normal serious self. "A mate is the one person that was made for you. He or she is your other half and what your world is settled around. They become your world and you feel the need to protect them. All you want to do is get married and have pups with them. He or she is the one person that understands you. You'll instantly know who your mate is just by their presence. Once you have fully mated with your mate you will feel even closer and even hear each other's thoughts."

I smiled at how romantic it seemed. That had always been my dream. To fall in love and be with a person who loves me.

"Scarlett Danielson, you are my mate and the Luna of my pack."

I froze and my body tensed. I was his mate? I was my kidnapper's mate.

"No, no, you are wrong. I can't be your mate. I'm just a normal human. While you're a werewolf and we are completely different people," I told him.

Cole's body tensed and I saw his eyes turn red. "Well you are my mate and that's final. You will be staying here from now on. It doesn't matter that you are a human or a werewolf like me. The moon goddess brought us together for a reason."

I sighed and told him," I'm not staying here. I want to go home. I have family and friends probably looking for me back home." My chest hurt just thinking about my family.

"You won't be leaving so I would get that idea out of your head. You are my mate and Luna. You will stay at my side and help me with the pack. Now tomorrow I will give you a tour of the house and area. I will explain more of this tomorrow as well. But for now you will stay in here and I will ask Monica to bring you clothes," Cole responded coldly.

Before I could speak, Cole continued. "Also do not tell or ask Monica any questions about werewolves. She doesn't know due to Chris not wanting to tell her. Monica is human and works for me as my assistant and secretary."

I was confused as why Monica didn't know and how she was so close to Chris, but hasn't figured it out. "Why doesn't she know?" I asked with a confused expression.

"You have to ask Chris for the full explanation. But since Monica is Chris's mate, it is his decision wether to tell her or not. He doesn't want Monica to be brought into this world. Chris loves her more than anything in the world, but won't allow her to give up her happy life. Anyways, I will send Monica to come with a pair of her clothes. Good night, Princess."

"Don't call me that!" I yelled as the door shut behind Cole. I ran to see if I could open it, but if was locked.

I huffed and walked to the window. I had always liked looking at the moon and stars. They always seemed to bring a calming feeling. But they reminded me of my family and all the memories I had when we looked at the stars together. I heard the door open and quickly wiped the few tears that had escaped.

I turned to see Monica standing there with a smirk and holding clothes. "So you're Cole's little girlfriend."

Sorry I haven't updated, but the next update will come quickly. I had been working on my first teen fiction called "My Brother's Enemy." Please go check it out. Anyways, Monica and Chris's relationship will be seen in Monica's perspective. Also you will see Cole in a new light. Please Vote, Comment, and Follow.