Prologue

Prologue: I Kidnapped My Mate

~~~~ Cole Redwood ~~~~

I felt my dark, ruby-colored blood stream down my chest and stain my black fur. I knew that I needed to shift back to human form or I wouldn't heal. But I would have to risk my injuries becoming worse. I closed my eyes and took a painful breathe of air. I began to focus all of my energy and thoughts on turning back to human. I pictured my self in human form and then released a growl.

A burning sensation spread through out my body as I shifted into my human form. I groaned as my body screamed at me in agony. I moved my head a little to the side and saw my black pair of shorts a couple of feet away from me.

I tried getting up on all fours, but I only managed to increase the pain in my right leg. I looked down to see that I had been shot and all the pain through out my body was because of that bullet.

My eyes shifted to the light of the full moon and then back to my surroundings.

My body ached and trembled as I managed to stand up. I leaned up against a tree and winced in pain; when one of my cuts came in contact with the bark. I heard my inner wolf, Michael, whisper," Come on. You are an alpha. Act like it!" I growled and pulled myself up.

I trudged in the direction of my shorts and ignored the pain in my right leg. My muscles screamed as I bent down to grab the shorts. I slowly put them on and that's when I heard the sounds of people talking.

I listened in to the conversation and heard one thing stand out. "I can't find the alpha anywhere. All of them escaped, but him. He's the most powerful alpha in the country by now he could be anywhere."

It was true. I was the most powerful alpha in the world and my family was the strongest wolf family known. I was taught to be fierce and strong like my father. That was what my family was known for. But all the injuries and damage to my body was beginning to wear me out. I growled at how weak I was being and began to make my way in the direction of the light of the moon.

"Follow the moonlight. Hurry! It won't take long for the hunters to find us."

I started to run and tried to ignore all of the pain spreading from my leg. I passed trees and dark paths. My only light source was the moon and the stars. My pace started to decrease in speed as I came upon an opening in the woods. My body started to give out as I advanced onto a road.

I felt my knees give out and soon after I fell in the middle of the road. I clutched my stomach and tried to control my breathing. My vision started to blur and I felt as if a hammer was hammering down on my head. I began to see black spots and my wolf was trying to speak to me.

I closed my eyes and opened them again to try to snap out of it. I couldn't go unconscious now when there was hunters looking for me. I heard a car approach and I held up my hand in a signal for them to stop. They came to a rough stop and I hear a car door open.

That was when I smelled the most heavenly fragrance. The smell consisted of vanilla and fresh roses.

"Mate. Mate. The Luna. Wake up. She's here!"

Michael screamed at me to go to our mate but I couldn't. I heard her gasp followed by the most angelic voice I've ever heard.

"Oh My God. Sir, are you okay? What happened?"

Before I could answer my vision blurred one last time and I was soon swallowed by a pit of darkness.

~~~~~~~~~

"Run, Cole! Go!"

I looked at my best friend, Chris Roberts; whom was bleeding from his chest. Chris wanted me to escape as soon as possible. His need to protect his alpha was big, but I also thought of him as family. I may be cruel but Chris was like my brother.