|14| Smokes of unstrapped emotions

Começar do início

    "Looks can be deceiving, rumours are as dangerous as a hap of befool truths. Who are you actually? I'm sure apart from killing myself, you want something more here," I said to him while crossing my arms. He doesn't need to know if I am nervous or not.

    He slid the gun into my face, the cold metal was making contact with my hot skin, and he said, "Feisty! I like it. I don't expect anything but a formality from someone as you as a smarty-pants," he takes back his gun, readjust his nonchalant figure to continue, "Hand out the information to me or else ready to bid a goodbye to this last night."

    I, Avery Brooklyn —very well aware of what kind of information he's talking about. Recently our young king died unexpectedly with the poison of unknown flowers but this news is getting subsided with wealth now. Someone's playing downrange here, tinkering with the resources, since it's indeed an intricate matter. So they know if the information leaked out in the newspaper; it will bring a ruckus in the whole city.

    But still he's not going to get it. "I'm not giving any information here," I said while shrugging my shoulders. Hearing this, he grabs my arm & puts an arm around my neck— a whimsical grunts escape from my mouth. It's hard to breathe.

   "Give or die," he said while putting more pressure; I start to cough a little bit, even though it's hard to breathe; I sing along after that—

   The moon doesn't it shine bright for all of us,

   But even if it's the darkest nights,

   I know you're the one, I know you're the one,

   But even if it's the darkest nights,

   It's not the end of our fate. . .

   Even when the brightest shining lost its realm. . .

    We know, we'll find our way. . .

    In the middle of glitter night. . .

   I knew you'd been the one for me,

      You'd been the one for me.

    I closed my eyes after the little singing session, a lonely tear escaping from the puffy eyes of mine. He startled & released me slowly, when I looked into his eyes— I saw disbelief, regret, sadness. All of these emotions are flooding in his stormy eyes as if someone has poured a cold bucket of water on him.

    I know, he recognized it by now. After all, only mates know each other's songs. In this city of daflings', everyone has a soulmate & a specialised song, only known by their pair of destinies. The moment he hummed that song, I knew he was my soulmate.

  But see, the cruelty of fate— my soulmate is here to kill his destiny. He is baffled; too caught up with the realisation.

  "You wanna kill me, go ahead," I yelled at him while sniffing back my tears and putting a finger on his chest & said, "but remember that you won't get the information from me."

   Then he points the cold metal on my forehead, mustering up the brave face he says, "And you should know that I'm not bluffing here. The bitter card of fate, look Avery— it will be easy for us, just give me that folder! We both will be free."

   Big fat tears are kissing my face, by seeing his condition; I know he's controlling his own tears. The little moisture glinting in his eyes is the evidence of it. "Okay, if that's what you want," I said while wiping my tears.

    Before he can think twice, I push him & he stumbles backward. I gather my gun from the snagging of the sofa—it's my legal weapon, I have always put it here in case of any need. Since I know, I have a gang of enemies actually; being the crime reporter.