|6| Happiness always comes with a price

The original prompt is - "It's all sparkles, till you die Jessica."

_________________

❝ I love you as much I love myself but I couldn't stop you, maybe because love falters too ❞

. . . .

          A life with thousand unknown thoughts, with some glitters, Jessica Parker has worked with her full soul to come at this point. But happiness always comes with a cost. It's the same case with Jessica. When she was all happy with her new success, why did her life have to knock her down once again?

         I guess that's called life. A provoking thought brings her to this bridge.

         Her life!

        "You know, Nathan! I've made so many sacrifices to come at this point. I don't know if I am ready to let it go once more," I said unconsciously looking at the water.

       "It's all sparkles till you die, Jessica." Nathan retorted. "I look at him with vulnerability. How can you say that?" I whispered.

       Because, it's the harsh truth Jessica. This name, this fame only lasts till you are here. But after your death— tell me how many people are gonna remember this?

      "But still, Nathan. I have become what I wanted to be," I said with little hesitation.

      "Jess, do you know why I said it's all sparkles? As long as you are here, your life will be full of ups and downs. But in the meantime, you will make some memories which are gonna be with you, in your whole life. But what's the point of this life if you can't be with your loved ones?" he clarified.

     "But this is my career! I have wanted to be an actress since my childhood. I have loved to be in the spotlight. Now, when my luck has finally started to shine on my side, I can't take any risk," I said.

     "This is all that you wanted. A name, a fame. But you know what? This is your overthinking which will ruin everything in the end," he said with a determination.

      "How can you be so sure, Nathan?" I got teary eyes.

       He melted, but he regained his posture.

      "Hence, it looks like that. You will see the sparkles till you are here. Those cameras, those posters, it's all you can see. But you are failing to see the eternal love which can be with you even after your last breath," he said directly looking into my eyes.

      "I don't know, Nate. I don't know anything. All I am seeing my build up career which will fall apart with one stupid mistake, in the other side it's my love," I screamed aloud.

     "You know very well, people have loved your charisma, your charm, your fame. But you know, Jess, what I love about you most? Your eyes, Jess. Yes! The eyes which start to shine whenever they see something pleasant. They've never lied to me till now," he said with grief.

      "T-ill now? What do you mean, Nate?" I asked with a little bit of unsureness.

     "Yeah! Till now. Because this time, I am seeing unsureness in these eyes, afraid of letting go," he said.

     "Because it's the truth, Nate!" I said while bringing my head down.

     "See? How our lives changed. A few years back, we were so happy, so carefree. We didn't have any fear. We've promised each other to have each other's back. Then why are you so afraid, when I said we will face it together?" He asked me.

    "Be-cause-

    "Because this time you want your career over your love?" he said in a painful tone.

     I— I don't know why I couldn't find any words when I wanted to be with him. When I wanted to say, no! This isn't the truth. Perhaps, maybe he is right this time.

    "Never mind, Jessica. Take a rest. I guess this is over now. We will walk on our path," he said & started to walk away.

      Why? Why I couldn't stop him. Hot streams started to fall from my eyes. Everything started to seem blurry. He was right! Maybe I am choosing glimmer over my lifetime happiness? But—

     And just like this— my source of happiness has bid adieu to me. And I couldn't do anything.

━━━━━━━━━━

So, I am back after a long time. This was originally written long ago for a contest. But I guess, I wanted to share it here as well.

Do tell me what do you think about the story? Don't we all choose our career over love? Is it bad or good? Do share your thoughts. I would love to see.

Before saying tata, just wanted to say one thing, "Live your every moment like a last, because you never know what life has been treasured for you next!"

Have a nice day/night ahead! ❤️