Chapter 6: Classes

Start from the beginning

Several students snickered, and Port laughed. "I like your enthusiasm. And judging from your lack of a notebook, I see you have already anticipated today's challenge. Please, step into the ring," he invited.

Blinking in surprise, Sincline glanced at Yang and Ruby. "I thought you said he only did boring lectures," he said in confusion.

Ruby rubbed the back of her head sheepishly while Yang coughed, both girls avoiding his gaze while Blake and Weiss looked at anything except Sincline. "Yes, well, um, he does this, too," the young Rose admitted.

"...Good to know." Standing, Sincline walked down to the front of the lecture area, which was a platform... like an arena. Is everything in this place built for combat? Sincline wondered. If it was... he was very glad he ended up in Remnant. A flash of light, and he warped away, reentering the arena seconds later dressed in his 'combat uniform,' the smooth plates of armor woven into his outfit catching the light as his purple eyes flashed.

"Draw your weapon and face your opponent!" Port called, hefting a blunderbuss over his shoulder as he approached a cage.

Nodding, Sincline faced the cage and held out a hand, fingers limp. As he did, a cold surge of icy energy ran down his arm like water and into his palm, forming a curved scimitar in a flash of purple, flame-like energy.

 As he did, a cold surge of icy energy ran down his arm like water and into his palm, forming a curved scimitar in a flash of purple, flame-like energy

"Lotor has returned!"

"Something's not right."

"Wait! Stay back!"

"Get out of there, now!"

"Still!"

Shaking his head to dispel the memories, Sincline faced the cage with narrowed eyes as Port, shoving aside his surprise at the sudden formation of Sincline's weapon, raised his blunderbuss and brought it down on the cage's lock, shattering it.

Sincline tensed and slowly slid one of his feet forward, adjusting his balance as his eyes flashed. No matter what comes out, I can't let out any negative emotions... which I just had due to that flashback. Oum damnit.

A loud roar, and a massive, snarling Grimm emerged, its red eyes trailing energy as it fixed its dark gaze on Sincline. It was a Beowolf, but not like any he had seen before. It was much larger, around twelve feet tall, and covered in dozens of bone-like spikes that coated its body like armor. It had a more angular skull, larger teeth, and sharp triangular ears.

"Behold, an Alpha Beowolf!" Port announced, causing Sincline's eyes to widen in surprise. Wait, he's gonna have someone he knows to be a first year fight an Alpha? Why would he—oh wait... he saw my fight, and Ozpin probably told him about my origins by now, so... never mind. Think later, fight now.

"Looks like Sincline's got a few tricks up his sleeves," Yang commented, eyeing the shimmering blade in Sincline's hand. He can summon armor, fly, teleport, shoot lasers and summon swords... what else can he do?