Chapter 16

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

(Y/N) watched Team RWBY play Remnant: The Game. He had heard of it before, but had never played it. He was sitting beside Blake, who seemed to be out of it. Ruby and Yang were playing, but (Y/N)'s attention was focused on Blake. She was quieter than usual, and (Y/N) thought that he knew why. Ever since the whole Roman Torchwick and White Fang incident, she had grown quiet. Yang raised a card from her deck and shouted.

Yang:"Pretty sneaky, sis, but you just activated my trap card!"

(Y/N):"Where have I heard that before..?"

Ruby:"Whaaat?!"

Yang:"Giant Nevermore!"

She slammed her card down on the table.

Yang:"If I roll a seven or higher, fatal feathers will slice your fleet in two!"

(Y/N):"Ouch. Bringing back memories."

(Y/N) remembered the time when he was impaled by a Nevermore.

Yang:"Oh..sorry (Y/N)!"

She smiled awkwardly. Ruby pointed at Yang.

Ruby:"But, if you roll a six or lower, the Nevermore will turn on your own forces!"

Yang:"That's just a chance I'm willing to take."

The two sisters glared at each other as (Y/N) watched in interest. His focus had switched from Blake to the game. Yang rolled an eight, meaning that she would advance. Yang shouted triumphantly.

Ruby:"Nooooo!!! My fearless soldiers!"

Yang:"Eh, most of them were probably androids."

Ruby:"Goodbye my friends, you will be avenged."

Yang:"Not until I draw my rewards! Which are double this round thanks to the Mistral Trade Route!"

(Y/N):"Hey, is the White Fang in this game?"

Yang and Ruby looked at (Y/N) in confusion.

Yang:"Why would they.."

(Y/N):"..Nevermind. Forget that I asked."

Blake looked even more anxious and distraught than before at the mention of the terrorist group. (Y/N) heard pages flipping behind him. He turned around to see Jaune studying, while Pyrrha read a comic book. He was confused, but he still got up and he walked over to Pyrrha, ripping the comic book from her grasp. He replaced the comic book with a book about the history of Remnant. Pyrrha looked at (Y/N) in anger, but decided to leave him alone. He walked back to his spot beside Blake and sat down. He began to read it, and was starting to enjoy it. Sun and Neptune walked in not long after.

Sun:"Sup losers."

He made a peace sign with his fingers.

(Y/N):"Shut up banana boy."

Sun:"Hey-"

(Y/N):"Just kidding. Hey Sun."

Sun:"Yeah, yeah. Ruby, Yang, Blake..Ice Queen."

Weiss:"Why does everyone keep calling me that?"

Sun:"I never got a chance to formally introduce you to my old friend."

Neptune:"Uhh, aren't libraries for reading?"

Behind them, Ren threw his arms up.

Ren:"Thank you!"

Nora popped her head up.

Nora:"Pancakes!"

Sun:"Shut up. Don't be a nerd."