His words made her heart ache. Slowly, her lips parted open.

"You're ready to give up on me at any time…"

"Because someone like you didn't deserve all these things. If I knew that you liked me, I wouldn't give you the marriage proposal. I'm not someone who deserves to be loved by you, Alisa. I'm being honest because I don't want to take your love for granted."

"..."

"It'd be better if you didn't love me at all."

"Was I… chosen to be your bride because you thought I wouldn't like you since we don't know each other?"

"You're right. I wanted someone who doesn't love me. Someone who wouldn't be hurt by the actions I do with the princess."

Alisa didn't know how to feel. She felt lost.

"You can do anything. If you want to have another lover, you can freely do so. You're not forbidden from seeing anyone. And if you want to divorce, we can divorce."

"Let's stop talking about this."

Alisa brushed his hands away lightly. She approached the bed and put her nightgown on.

"How are you expecting me to give up when you didn't even tell me what the reason was… at least give me a reason so I can give up on my feelings in peace… you keep your wall on… you treat me well while letting me know nothing about you."

Looked at her in the eyes, Mikhael said.

"You don't wanna know."

"Why would I be asking if I don't wanna know…"

"You'd want to wash your ears after you heard it. It's my burden to take."

"Mikhael…"

"Believe me."

"Was it related to the princess? Was it the princess again?" She was fed up.

Mikhael didn't respond this time. He sighed and turned his back.

"Let's eat."

"You're avoiding my question."

"It's not your burden so don't think about it."

"What am I supposed to do? How am I supposed to behave? The me you expected to act like before you married me."

"I told you. Someone who doesn't love me at all and will never fall in love with me."

"Do you have someone in your heart?" She approached him slowly. She felt her hand trembling.
"Is it… is it the princess…?"

"It's nobody."

"How am I supposed to believe that… you're always next to her…"

"Because I don't and I will never."

"Mikhael…"

"Stop it now."

His voice sounded cold. Just a moment ago it sounded fine. Alisa looked at his back in silence. Are you in pain? Why are you turning your emotions off? What made you like this…

The same question kept repeating in her mind but Alisa believed that she won't be able to get an answer any time soon.

~

"Ugh… please stop…"

A cry rang over the whole dazzling room. On the king size bed, a naked woman shook in pleasure and pain with the pounding that went at her. Two solid hands held her little waist firmly and moved it back and forth to match with his thrusts.

"St… stop…!"

"Take it like a good kitten you are, Rowena."

"I can't… hugh… I can't…"

"You don't remember. That's crazy."

Rowena's beautiful face soaked in tears, she made eye contact with the man who kept on thrusting into her violently, he wasn't giving her pleasure, it was a punishment sex. Her whole body ached in pain, especially the entrance between her legs that were being destroyed by him. Her pupils shook like she was facing a death sentence, fear showed itself brightly in the blue like germs eyes while tears ran down harder through her flushed cheeks.

"Maybe it didn't happen to you, that's why you forgot about it so easily."

"Hugh…!"

"But as I see you now, even if you know what you were doing or remembered it, you wouldn't feel sorry either way unless a knife points at your throat."

"Ugh…!"

"It annoys the shit out of me that you hurt others so brazenly, the way you're not even aware of what will come from your action."

Thrust. Thrust. Thrust.

"Please stop…" Rowena cried out loud, trying to push the man away.

"It annoys me so much that I want to break you into pieces."