↠Chapter 16↞

Third person POV

When Shoto left the room, he didn't expect to find Yao-momo and Tsu there about to go down and Rin couldn't hear anything because of the supposedly convenient sound proof walls and doors

Rin POV

I sighed, "you can come out" I said already dreading what was coming in many ways. I had seen it struggle in my bag beside the study table that was right in my field of vision. Although what I said earlier to have Shoto leave was true, I had noticed the feather moving when the possibility of me telling the truth happened, it fell silent after I started speaking and he realized I wasn't gonna tell the truth.

Thankfully it couldn't see anything since it was inside but it definitely heard everything.

And the expected call came too as the feather rubbed against the back of my hand. I went and picked up the call, "I'm so sorry, I really didn't want to reveal anything. It happened more or less" I said looking down with a scrunched up face.

"You couldn't do anything about it don't worry." Keigo said on the other side.

I hummed in response.

"But, please put my feather outside whenever your boyfriend visits, even if you have a simple study session together."

My face flamed up, "I didn't know okay? How was I supposed to know?! Did you seriously just call for that?! And nothing re-..." I don't have to explain myself, "I'm gonna cut the call if that's all you wanted to say and I will kick your darned feather out even if my brother visits is that alright?" I shouted, embarrassed as hell.

"My feather's there to keep you safe" he protested, "don't curse it. But it willl be good if you left it outside, even if your brother visited."

"What was I really supposed to do? Not even a- oh wait will a sound proof box work?" I asked.

"Yes! I should give you one that would work even on my feathers. Hey now isn't that great" he said.

"yes, it will be of great help" I said very sincerely and sounding as if I was grumbling in agreement and desperation. I can't have this keep happening, his feather was there for my protection but it is seriously becoming troublesome as he heard everything I talk about with anyone. He was literally the second person to know after Izu that day about my feelings about Shoto kissing me all of a sudden, and that was, not, good. It was probably uncomfortable for Keigo too.

"By the way, are you seriously online with all your feathers all the time?" I asked, somehow he's always aware of whatever his feather listened to.

"Yeah, I always keep an eye even during sleep. My senses were trained like that" he replied, "tough isn't it, to even control your quirk in sleep?" he said proudly.

"Sometimes it really isn't a blessing" I deadpanned. But maybe it'd be nice if I could do that too someday.

"right" he said sounding awkward, "but are your nightmares really that bad or did you lie? You did a great job holding back there, it must have been hard to do it for the first time with someone you care about."

I sighed, it was a tired and grievous one, "No it's alright, I do have nightmares but they've only been repeating so it's mostly been fine the past few days. It was my luck that I got them last night right when Shoto was there"

"You can't lie to me too nugget, I know it all" he said sounding a little sad. Repetitive or not, it doesn't mean that it gets any better.

"We can't keep mulling over it again and again, there's nothing we can do about this situation. Don't you also deal with such stuff, even if not now you must have in the past, there's no such thing as pure relief for us anymore. It's too late. Anyways I'm sure you wouldn't have called just for this, what's up."