The Healer Of My Soul {Book Five}

Description.

She doesn't believe in love after what had happened to her.

Shyra Adam has always been a good daughter and a good person who helps anyone in need.

But something happened that made her change who she was.

Her smile became fake.

Her laughter became fake.

She became someone different in front of her family.

Someone whose heart turned to stone after what she has gone through.

But what happens when she meets someone who challenges her to be what she was before everything that happened to her?

Sameer Khan is an outgoing and caring guy who will do anything for his family and friends. He meets Shyra at a get-together and sees something that made him realize that she needs him.

He becomes her shadow, her guardian, and also her savior. But Sameer knows that behind the mask she is wearing is a broken girl that needs to heal herself.

Will Shyra let him heal her or will Sameer be able to get through to her when he finally knows her big secret?

"Sometimes a person needs someone to just understand them without asking anything in return, I want to be that person, would you let me?", Sameer asks Shyra.

"I am too broken to be with anyone. I am scared that I will break the people who try and get close to me. What if you know what happened to me? Will you run away or stay?"Shyra asks Him.

Prologue.

"This is why I didn't want you to know..."

"Why? You are scared of him, aren't you?.."

Shyra couldn't look Sameer in the eye when he said that.

"It is true. Why Shyra? You have all the evidence against him. You should be happy that..."

"Then what? Sam, you and I both know that his parents would never believe me. Because they think their son is a saint. I ran because I needed to get away and never to be found. But I had to come back to take my father's company back as it was time. But that's it", Shyra tells him with tears forming in her eyes.

"I am here for you, Shyra. We can fight against him and his family. You are no longer alone. I don't want anything in return except to see your smile once again. The real smile that you had before and not this fake one that you give to people who don't know you", Sameer tells her shocking her.

She didn't know what to say about it. Shyra had to fake her emotions ever since she left her aunt and uncle's place almost 5 years ago.

"Why would you help me? Even if I have the evidence, you aren't a lawyer, Sam....."

"Leave that to me. I know who to contact about that. And don't worry she is someone I can trust with anything in my life. Plus she is dying to meet you ever since I told her that I found you", Sameer tells her.

"I don't want to be a burden to anyone...."

"Don't ever say that. You have people who love, care, and are worried about you. There's Saira, Iman, Azaan and me. When you left without a word I was beyond sad and I didn't know what happened to you. That's why I had to look for you everywhere that I could think of. Alhamdullilah I found you at that conference. But why did you leave without telling anyone?", he asks her needing the answer to that question that was dying in his mind.

"I had to leave because if I didn't, I wouldn't have survived in that place. He wasn't intoxicated when he..."

"Brutally raped you. You need to stop being afraid of him, Shyra. You are stronger than that now that you have me, and your other friends and family including Azaan's parents who are worried about you. They even tried to hire a private investigator just to look for you. But when I told them that they didn't need to do that because I am personally seeing to that", he interrupts her.

"Rape isn't something to be taken lightly, Sameer. Most of my father's company investors would back out when they come to know about me. I can't let my parent's hard work go to waste....."

"And I can't let you suffer, Shyra. I can't let him get away with what he did to you. He needs to pay along with his parents too........."

Shyra didn't know what happened to her parents. All she knew was that they were in a car accident that took their lives.

The same accident was maybe caused by her aunt and uncle. Because of their greed, envy, and pride in the wealth that Shyra's parents had.

Trigger Warning; This Story will consist of rape and other mentions of abuse. Readers' discretion is advised.

 Readers' discretion is advised