Chapter Fourteen.

Who Caused Fahd's Accident?

Accidents happen when they are just accidents but if they happen when someone is at fault?

It has been almost two months since both Hanan and Fahd's parents met and decided when they should have their engagement and their wedding.

This time Fahd wanted Hanan to experience everything that comes with planning a wedding.

Her dress.

Her makeup.

And the venue where the wedding would be held.

The love he has for her and Armaan was more than anyone else knows.

But now the main thing he needs to know is who cut the brakes of his car almost seven years ago almost killing him.

"Are you sure that's its him?" Fahd asks Khalid who hands him the investigation papers that Sameer gave him.

It shows him everything that he wanted to know and it wasn't something he expected.

"Yes, I am sure. Sameer did the investigation twice already just to make sure that what he found out was true", Khalid tells him.

"But the main question is why did he do this? What did I do to make them want to kill me?....."

"Calm down, Fahd. We will get him and make them confess everything that he did to you and why?".

"Thank you for doing this. I really appreciate it....."

"No need to thank me. You will be my son-in-law and theres no need to thank me. But you will have to promise me to always take care of Hanan and Armaan", Khalid tells him making him smile.

But the one thing that has been bothering Fahd was why Faiz's brother would cut his car brakes.

What motives does he have to do this?

He needed to go and ask Faryal why would her brother-in-law do this.

Kareem Khan.

"Stop thinking about it for now, son. You need to get to and see Azaan about this. He might know what to do as Sameer helped him when he needed it", Khalid advised him.

His relationship with Azaan has improved ever since that time when they rescued Armaan from that filthy place.

"I think you are right. Thank you for all of this. For everything...."

"You are most welcome. But you don't have to thank me every time I help. Besides we are going to be family and what matters is you take care of this before it escalates into something big", Khalid advises him.

After the visit, Fahd decided to do what Khalid advised him.

To go and see Azaan.

Fahd decided the best way to find Azaan was by going to his house but first, he needed to call him.

As soon as he got into his car, he couldn't help but notice that someone was following him in a car behind him.

He couldn't shake the feeling that it might be Kareem following him. But he wasn't sure.

Being the son of a retired police officer it wasn't the first that his father would advise him on this type of situation.

Zain knew that one day his son would need such advice and Fahd was required to be taught self-defense. And when the time came he would need to use his skills.

I am not going to be a coward especially when I now have a family to protect. Armaan and Hanan are my family now.

He parked the car and waited to see if he was right about being followed.

He was beyond shocked to see that it wasn't just Kareem in the car but also Riaz.

What are they doing together?

Thankfully they didn't see him when they parked the car unknowingly behind Fahd's car. As many cars were almost the same as Fahd's were parked there.

"Did he see us? I told you not to drive close to him...."

"Shut up. I knew that trusting you would bring me misfortune. And now we lost him. Anyways, let's go back and have a better plan than this", Kareem tells Riaz.

They both walked back to their car and drove away not knowing that Fahd was watching them.

"I thought that she changed but now I doubt it. I have to look for answers. The answers that she is the only one who could answer. And I wont be leaving without them", he tells himself.

Instead of driving to Azaan's place, he turned around to go to Faryal's house to look for answers.

Fahd arrived at her house and parked the car. But first, he needed to compose himself before going knocking at the door.

He then knocked on the door hoping that Faryal was the one who will answer the door.

"Asalam Aleikum, I am looking for Faryal. Is she inside? Tell her it's a friend", he tells the woman who opened the door.

"Waleikum Salaam. Yes, she is inside. Please come in", she tells him while directing him to the living room where he found her playing with her son Yusuf who is the same age as Armaan.

"Asalam Aleikum, Faryal", he greeted her making Faryal look up. "Can we talk please?", he added.

"Waleikum Salaam. Sure Fahd. Yusuf, go to the kitchen and aunt will give you some snacks while I talk to Uncle Fahd", she tells her son who happily nodded and then kissed her on the cheek before turning to face Fahd.

"Uncle, could you please bring Aru next time you visit?", he asks him knowing that Fahd has been registered as Armaan's father in the school they both study in.

"I will, in shaa Allah".

Yusuf nods and walks out with the maid to go and get his snacks.

As soon as Yusuf left, Faryal asks Fahd to take a seat and explain what he wanted to ask.

Fahd started explaining to her what happened with everything that he had discovered about his accident and who is responsible for it.

Faryal was beyond shocked to hear that Kareem is involved in Riaz.

"I don't even know what to say, Fahd. Because I told him to stop everything the day that Faiz found out about everything. I apologized to Saira and Azaan about everything that I did to hurt them. I had no idea that he would go to that extent just to hurt you....."

"Faryal, you don't need to blame yourself for something that he did all to himself. But I will need your husband's help in getting them where they belong. In jail...."

"I will do anything to help you, Fahd. For the sake of my family and yours", a voice interrupts them.

They both look up to find Faiz standing there. It had seem that he heard everything that Fahd had explained to his wife.

"Thank you for doing this....."

"You are welcome and I am doing this for our family and for the peace of mind that it will bring. But we have to plan before anything else. And I will need to know everything that they did to you and your family", Faiz tells him.

Fahd started explaining everything that Riaz did to Armaan, this made Faiz angry knowing that his brother might also be involved in this.

It was time to involve Sameer, Azaan, and including Aayan to help in this mission to get the two people who might hurt Armaan and Hanan.

This time I will be there to protect my family from everyone who intended to hurt them. I can't let them get hurt especially when I am still with them.