Chapter Three.

Three Years Later.

"Aru, where are you?" Hanan yells for her. But all she could hear was giggling and it was coming from her bedroom.

What now?

"Shh!! She is coming now. Keep quiet", a voice says while the other giggles.

Hanan just shook her head and walked towards the giggling is from.

Armaan's room.

"Okay, where is the princess?" she says while her daughter was listening to her uncle Azaan. "I guess I will have to eat the cookies I kept for her on the table", she added walking out of the room smiling knowing that both uncle and niece loved the chocolate chip cookies that Hanan has always baked for them.

"Mamma, here I am. Your princess is here", Armaan says coming out of her hiding place making Azaan huff knowing that Hanan knows their weakness, especially her daughter's.

Just like his mother Hayat used to tell him that a mother knows best for their children no matter how old they are.

"This is how you are going to win, my dear cousin", Azaan tells Hanan while Armaan was looking at him feeling confused as to why her uncle said that.

"Well, dear cousin. I know what your weakness is and now you have influenced my Aru with your chocolates," Hanan tells him grinning at him. "Plus you wanted to stay here with us, you have to know that I will end up winning in all of your games", she added taking her daughter's hand and walking out of the room leaving Azaan more shocked than surprised.

The competition between the two cousins especially when it comes to Armaan.

Everyone in the family loves, cares, and will do anything and everything for Armaan.

She is their princess.

Ever since she was born, her grandparents would do anything to make her smile, and laugh, and never shed a single tear.

Each one of them made Hanan happy that she forgets her troubles and the man who ruined her life.

The man who can't be mentioned especially in front of Armaan would ask a lot of unanswered questions.

She might be just a three-year-old girl, but she asks a lot of questions about anything and everything that she sees.

She took after her uncle Azaan and her mother in every character she had including guarding her heart against anyone.

"Mamma, what is Uncle Azuu talking about?", Armaan asks her mother who knew that her daughter would ask a question.

"Aru, come and eat your breakfast, before you ask for another type of food", she says whispering the last part to herself.

Armaan might be just a child but to her mother, she is more than that.

Hanan says she is an old person inside her young body.

"Okay, mamma. I will ask him...."

They were interrupted by Azaan's footsteps that were heading their way.

"Your Uncle Azuu will explain, okay?", she says looking at Azaan who was confused as to why Hanan was telling him that. "I will go and get your backpack ready", she added leaving the uncle and niece alone.

That will teach him to behave when he comes over to spend time with her.

Hanan inwardly smirked at Azaan who looked more confused than he is.

"Uncle Azuu, tell me what I ask mamma", Armaan asks him pouting while eating her favorite cereal.

Ya Allah, this isn't what I want to win against her. How do I answer a three-year-old kid who questions everything that anyone does? As well as being bossy. She has everyone wrapped around her pinky finger.