Nine

*Third person POV*

"Sooooo," Yeonjun began, drawing out the word as he fell into step beside Beomgyu the next morning in the halls. "Two things. First, what happened here," He grabbed Beomgyu's wrist and pulled it out of his pocket, revealing his bandaged hand.

Beomgyu scowled, trying to yank his hand away. So much for trying to hide it.

"Did you two fight?" Yeonjun pressed, but Beomgyu shook his head. "Hmmm, okay. I'll let you off the hook... for now- Hey, don't look so relieved," Yeonjun told him as his shoulders relaxed, "That still brings us to number two."

He waited until Beomgyu looked at him before saying, in a lowered tone, "What are you going to do about Soobin? Did you ask him about it?"

Beomgyu shook his head, but was proud of his voice not breaking when he said, "No, he came back and found me, well..." He held up his hand again, "Then he was all about taking care of me." 

"So, will you ask him later then?"

Beomgyu sighed. "No."

"What? Why?" Yeonjun asked, rushing in front of Beomgyu so he would stop walking.

"Because... I'm okay with this... for now. I just... don't want to lose him yet, Yeonjun." Beomgyu said, wiping his eyes. "I really do like him."

Yeonjun sighed, but pulled him closer into a hug. "Are you sure? He could be hurting you, Beoms, and I don't want to see you get hurt." (Who's shipping Beomjun rn?🥺🤔)

Beomgyu gently hugged back, "I know. I appreciate it... but I'm sure. I'm not ready to lose him yet. Just... whenever you see him with her, keep me updated, okay?" When Yeonjun nodded he added, "And try to act normal around him."

Yeonjun gently leaned back and gave him a sad smile. "Easier said than done, but I'll try." Yeonjun said, resting his chin on the top of Beomgyu's head. (Is it too late to make this a Beomjun story? 😭 jk)

They stayed like that for a little longer until Yeonjun pulled away. "Let's get to class."

*Soobin*

Soobin was sitting on his bed after class, with his laptop rested on his lap. He was going over everything that happened yesterday. He could've sworn when he looked back over his shoulder when he was leaving, he saw Yeonjun and Kai in the cafe. It was probably his imagination though. (Or is it *evil laugh*)

*Beomgyu*

Beomgyu pushed open the dorm door and shuffled in. He tried avoiding eye contact with Soobin as he walked over to his bed and plopped on top of it. But no such luck. Soobin walked over an sat beside him.

"How's your hands?" Soobin asked, picking up both of them and holding them gently. The action made Beomgyu happy but also made his heart break a little more. But he forced a small smile.

"Fine."

Soobin gently lifted his hands higher and placed a kiss on top of each bandage. "It'll help." He said with a smile. Beomgyu tried to return the smile, but it looked more like a grimace. If Soobin noticed, he didn't say anything though. Beomgyu opened his mouth to speak when Soobin's phone went off and Soobin dropped his hands quickly, pulling his phone out of his pocket. (Careful, Soobin, those are my baby's hands)

 Soobin got up without another word and walked to his bed. Beomgyu willed his eyes not to well up, but no luck. He quickly turned over on his bed and pulled out his phone. He needed a distraction, so he quickly went onto his, Kai's, Taehyun's, and  Yeonjun's groupchat.

Beomgyu: You guys busy?

*Seen by CoolKai, Junie, and Taeh* 

CoolKai: No, me and Yeonjun are just chilling. What's up?

Taeh: I'm free

Junie: Did something happen with Soobin?

Beomgyu: No, Yeonjun. I just want to talk to you guys

*Seen by CoolKai, Junie, and Taeh*

Junie: Oh

Beomgyu: Soooo, how'd the date go?

*Seen by CoolKai, Junie, and Taeh*

Junie: Beomgyuuu!

CoolKai: It was good

Taeh: Date?

Beomgyu smiled at his friends' reactions. 

Beomgyu: kai and Yeonjun went on a date yesterday, Taeh. But yaayy, I'm glad it went well. So, when's the wedding? 

*Seen by CoolKai, Junie, and Taeh*

Junie: Beomgyu! We're not ready for a wedding, we just went out on one date!

Beomgyu: So? I'm positive it'll work out with you guys so why not just get married?

*Seen by CoolKai, Junie, and Taeh*

Taeh: Good point. 

Beomgyu: Thank you, Taeh

*Seen by CoolKai, Junie, and Taeh*

Junie: No, not a good point! We'll get married when we're ready, guys

Beomgyu: So, you admit that you guys will get married?

*Seen by CoolKai, Junie, and Taeh*

Junie: Nooo, that's not what I meant, Beoms

CoolKai: It's okay, Yeonjun, no need to be shy about it

Beomgyu: SEE??? EVEN KAI ADMITS IT! THIS WEDDING IS SOOOO HAPPENING

*Seen by CoolKai, Junie, and Taeh*

Junie: Nooooo

CoolKai: Okay, Beomgyu, want to be my best man?

Junie: Noo, if it's happening then Beomgyu has to be my best man

Beomgyu: Now, now, ladies, don't make your first fight about me

*Seen by CoolKai, Junie, and Taeh*

CoolKai: LADIES???

Beomgyu: 😂

*Seen by CoolKai, Junie, and Taeh*

Taeh: Yeah. There's still me and Soobin.

Beomgyu grimaced. Obviously, they needed to keep Taehyun in the loop of everything. Obviously Yeonjun was thinking the same thing, because he explained everything to Taehyun.

Taeh: Oh, I'm so sorry, Beomgyu, I didn't know

Beomgyu: It's okay. But I'm tired, I think I'll take a nap. Bye guys

*Seen by CoolKai, Junie, and Taeh*

Beomgyu allowed himself one sad glance at Soobin before setting his phone down and pulling the covers over his head.

(Who knew writing a fanfiction could hurt so bad? 😭 But anyways, because I have absolutely no one to share this with, I'm super happy today because stellarlune came out! -for those of you who don't know, it's a book from keeper of the lost cities- though I haven't had the chance to read it yet since I was rereading the series by the time it came out on November 8th, but I'm on unlocked so I'm cloosee!

Okay anyways, hope you liked it <3 comment and vote? Maybe?)