"Mike??" His brows furrowed even more.

Just that dude's name is enough to get me riled up.

"As I said you that my love life is doomed and--" I stopped at the mid sentence and narrowed my eyes.
"Where is your phone?" I asked.

"I don't know, why?" He tapped his pocket.

"You don't know where your phone is?!"

"Maybe it's in my room." He said and I sighed but still I cannot trust him.
"So who is Mike?" He asked again.

"I can't trust you with my secrets." I stated apprehensively.

He rolled his eyes in return.
"I'm not interested either but one thing you should know....you can trust me." He replied with determination.

In positive side, he didn't actually tell or showed the audio of mine to Dylan, he was just being a tease and was also blackmailing me but did not reveal my secret to Dylan.

So...maybe I can trust him.

"Okay I trust you." A small smile curled up his lips.
"I know according to you, promises are to break but please do promise me that you won't tell it to anyone."

He nodded in anticipation.

"So as I've said you earlier, that my love life is doomed..." he pursed his lips in order to hide his smile.
"And it begins from Mike." I said and he was listening to me intently.

He's a good listener.

"I met Mike when I was in final year of my masters, I studied in Florida University of masters and I have a degree in finance. He was not my classmate or my senior, we just once met in a college fest where we talked all day and became friends and initially love was in the air." I sighed as I felt disgusted for loving him.

"You fell in love with a man within a day!!!" His tone was subtly incredulous.

"Don't interrupt in between." I gave him  a warning glare.

He keeps teaching manners to everyone yet he himself don't have manners.

"He usually used to come in his motorcycle to pick me up from college and then we used to go on dates, movies and lot more. Finally he proposed me to be his girlfriend and I, being in ninth cloud...I agreed. We were dating for already a year and we wanted to get married as both were old enough for that. So I introduced Mike to my parents and guess what??!" I gave him a calculative look.

"Your parent's did not like him." He had a subtle widened eyes.

"Exactly!! He had that bad boy aura in him, he had long hair with ear piercing and tattooed arms, he used wear those stylish ripped jeans and tshirts. One look on him by my parents and I knew that my parents rejected him for me. Then the same Romeo Juliet story goes on." I shook my head in dismay as I remembered those awful events.
"My parents strictly prohibited me to meet him but I was madly in love with him. With great difficulty we used to contact each other and one day he informed me that he was leaving for New York for a job and you know I bawled my eyes out when he said that. I couldn't stay without him. As soon as he left Florida... I made a plan of running away from my home.."

"That was a very wrong decision of yours.." he interrupted as he shook his head in dismay and I glared at him.
"Okay, continue."

"So my phone was snatched away from me from my parents, so I secretly bought a new phone plus number with my savings before the day of my eloping. My plan was set, the next morning I wrote a letter saying about my love towards Mike and  about my run away thing and at the end I wrote my new number before leaving the house at dawn. With my savings I bought a ticket for myself and he once even told me about his address in New York. Finally I reached New York and searched for his apartment which by the way took me half a day and I finally got it. I was so happy to see him again, I took the elevator to his floor and with a grinning face I pressed the bell. As soon as the door opened my smile slowly reverted as I saw a girl in a tshirt specifically in Mike's favorite tshirt. Behind that girl was Mike without a tshirt, he was only in his boxer briefs..." I was again interrupted as Harold spluttered with laughter.

"The things you tend to do in love." He mumbled and fixed his posture.
"Okay..continue." He smiled and I was busy glaring at him.
"Okay I am sorry! Please continue."

I don't know why his sorry has so much of affect on me.

"So eventually he cheated on me, so without exchanging any word I turned around and exited his building. I didn't know where to go nor did I have any money to afford a hotel room. I sat there at the street bench when I suddenly remembered Kate, my high school best friend, who shifted New York years ago. I searched her in social media and contacted her and she was the one who helped..." My eyes welled up as I remembered those hard days.
"She took me in and then I  interviewed in your company and got selected. When my financial status was stable I rented an apartment and stayed comfortably in New York." I sniffled.
"For weeks I was depressed, I thought Mike was the one, he was my every thing, my first love, my first kiss and my first...." I paused and glanced at him.
"I hope you understand what I was about to say." In return he frowned.
"I even left my beloved parents for him and that asshole bastard betrayed me. Since that day my parents never called me or searched me." I sniffled due to running nose.

"You could've called them." He said.

"I never had the nerve to do that, to call or to go back. I left them and maybe it's my punishment for leaving them." I sighed.

"So then what happened??"

"I was in New York, totally depressed and I couldn't get out of Mike's betrayal, so Kate suggested me to date again." He was still listening to me.
"And then comes Peter, the most horrific one."

______________________