Chapter 3 - Celebrating the Divorce

Start from the beginning

"You know what? Forget I said anything to you. This isn't the support I was looking for!"

"I'm your best friend but I don't support this at all!"

Because the discussion had taken an unexpected turn for Ethan, he said nothing more about the divorce.

He always expected Pete to stand by his side in all his decisions, including that particular one.

Before the tension between them could escalate more than it already did, Pete sighed deeply before speaking.

"Where's Olivia now?" His voice was gentle.

"I don't know. But she's probably somewhere inside celebrating." Ethan clenched his fists as he remembered Olivia's laughter when he had broken the news to her.

As soon as he mentioned she was probably inside, Pete faced the direction that would lead him to the entrance.

"Where are you going?" Ethan asked, confused.

"I need to speak to Olivia about this whole thing to find out how she's feeling," Pete said.

"Are you serious? Weren't you paying attention when I said she's thrilled?"

Pete shrugged. "I know, but I still want to speak to her and ensure she wasn't faking her relief."

Ethan scoffed. "I'm certain she's not faking anything but you know what? Fine, go."

Once he was alone, he shoved his hands in his pocket, pacing in the same empty spot as he thought about the argument he just had with Pete concerning his mother.

No matter how Pete seemed to be against it, Ethan convinced himself that he only did as his mother desired and nothing was wrong with that because he didn't even love Olivia.

Though he took great pride in showing off his gorgeous wife, his mother's wishes came first.

~

Olivia had been sauntering around the mansion with a glass of wine in her hand, her lips curved into a smile as she wondered what else she could do to celebrate her freedom.

She even took a few pictures using her phone because she finally had some bright facial expressions, something that had been missing for so long.

When Ethan had broken the news to her about the divorce, it was meant to be bad news, but it was the best news she had heard in a long time.

Her plan for the future was that once she would be free of the Hudsons, she would start a new chapter where she could be her own person and not have to tolerate any disrespect from them.

Maybe it was too early to daydream about her freedom, but she couldn't just couldn't help it.

As she paused for another selfie while looking at the screen, Pete's name popped up on the caller ID, breaking her concentration so she picked up.

"Hello?" She leaned against the wall, her tone enthusiastic.

"Hey, beautiful, where are you?" He sounded flirtatious.

Earlier, she had seen Ethan pulling Pete outside so they could talk and so at that moment, she knew he was aware of the divorce.

Judging from his flirtatious tone, he was more hopeful than ever. It was then that she decided to make things clear to him.

"Meet me on the second floor," she said, taking another sip from her glass.

After waiting for a few minutes, Pete arrived and as they headed to the study, he whistled at her as he followed behind her, making her roll her eyes as she faced ahead.