𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚜

Start from the beginning

"I personally like the Roman history and mythology," Daryl shrugs as he continues to twirl his arrow, and Sage snickers in reply. "What? What's funny?"

"Nothing... it's just a bit on the nose for you. A hothead liking the Romans over the Greeks? It just makes sense." Sage teases for boyfriend, who rolls his eyes.

"That's a lot of shit you talk there, darlin'." Daryl smirks, staring at her lips and he dropped the arrow to his side.

"Someone's gotta— otherwise a tree is wasting air for me." Sage shrugs with a cocky smirk.

Grabbing Sage's chin, Daryl's hand gripped her face. "Baby... I'm gonna fix that attitude real quick for you."

"You need to rest— not get yourself all worked up." Sage laughs cockily, knowing the Dixon man couldn't do anything about her sass right now.

"Mmm... you're only gonna have that excuse for a few days, you know."

"I know, I'm getting it all out now when you can't do anything," smirked the blonde, returning to her book. Shaking his head, Daryl began using the arrow he had been spinning to poke holes through the mesh netting of their tent. Spotting him in the act, Sage smacks him. "Don't do that!"

"Hey.." A voice speaks from the entryway. Both Daryl and Sage exchange glances, Daryl silently telling her to behave. Rolling her eyes, Sage watches as Andrea sits across from them, eying the bruise on her jaw. "This is not that great, but..."

The woman hands Daryl a book, which Sage saw was "The Case of the Missing Man" and she couldn't help from agreeing with her statement. That was not a good book.

Daryl flips through it for a few seconds, his forehead creasing. "What, no pictures?"

Sage shook her head at her boyfriend, trying her best not to laugh.

"I'm so sorry. I feel like shit." The woman said, and Sage rose her eyebrows, wanting to give the woman a sarcastic reply but refrained.

"Yeah, you and me both." Daryl groans, adjusting his position, making his girlfriend hiss at him.

"Dare, you're not supposed to move!" The man had been making it impossible for her to take care of him.

"Darlin'—" Daryl groans over her smothering him, but gives up quickly.

"I-I don't expect you to forgive me, but if there's anything I can do..." Andrea spoke up, getting the couple's attention.

"You we're trying to protect the group." Daryl nods in understanding, his voice gentle. "We're good. Plus I think Sage made it pretty even, right shorty?"

The question made the woman look back and glare at him before sighing heavily, turning to Andrea once more. "Yeah."

Both women knew that whatever they had against one another was no where close to being over, but Andrea nods and steps out of the tent.

"But hey," spoke up Daryl, causing her to turn around, "shoot me again, and you'd best pray I'm dead."

Andrea nods and leaves, Sage waiting until she was gone to turn and glare at her boyfriend. "Daryl, she shot you."