𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚎 𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚎

"Blood pressure is good

"Blood pressure is good." The Hunter woman notes.

Sage sat with Hershel, checking on Carl's blood pressure while the older man held a hand to the child's forehead, checking his temperature. "Fever's gone down."

Just then, the boy starts to stir, and Sage moves out of the way so Lori and Rick could have a moment with their child. Lori sits on the bed next to the boy. "Baby?"

"Carl?" Rick's voice was so small and gentle, Sage didn't think she had ever heard him use that tone before.

Sage smiled as she watched Carl's bright blue eyes open, and look over at his parents, while she almost bursted into tears over what he asked next. "Sophia? Is she okay?"

Neither parents had the heart to tell him the truth, so without hesitation, Rick assures him with lies. "Fine. She's fine."

"Rest." His mother coaxes. "We'll be right here, okay?"

Carl's eyes slowly close as he nods. "Okay."

Rick sits down as the door opens and T-Dog steps in, mainly looking to Sage, but also addressing the others. "They're here."

Sage cried in relief, moving past Teddy and into the hallway. Her heart was racing in her chest as she bolts for the front door, swinging it loudly open and finding Daryl closest to the house on his bike, Andrea driving a Hyundia, and the RV about 20 feet away. Daryl turns off his motorcycle, climbing off of it, and resting it on its peg as Sage pauses on the porch, a wave of relief washing over her and she took it in.

He was here.

Before she knew it, Sage had scrambled down the porch steps and jumped into the Dixon man's arms, hugging him so tightly, he felt like he couldn't breathe. Daryl lifts her off the ground, not that it was much effort, closing his eyes as they quietly just held one another, the others watching.

"Are you okay?" He asks, his voice muffled as he spoke into her shoulder. Sage nods quietly, burying her face in his neck. The past several hours were the longest either one of them had been away from each other, and the Hunter woman was just relieved to have her lover within arms reach.

After a moment, she finally spoke. "I love you, Dixon."

Daryl's cheeks turned a rosy red as she spoke those words, pulling away after a moment, caressing either side of her face, and pressing his lips to hers, his voice so low she barely heard him. "I love you too, shorty."

He wasn't one to usually say the romantic shit, it wasn't something he was good at. He had tended to stick his foot in his mouth recently so he hadn't exactly been on Sage's good side.