𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎

Sage Briar Hunter was born of two very important people, not that it mattered anymore

Sage Briar Hunter was born of two very important people, not that it mattered anymore. Her father, Adam Hunter was a military man, specifically he was an Army General. Her mother on the other hand was the CEO of Emory Hospital. Elizabeth Hunter worked for many, many years to work her way up to the high position— and it was especially hard as a woman.

Sage was incredibly close to her mother, while her father was what she referred to as a: "mean son of a bitch" and it was a name he earned all on his own.

Adam Hunter suffered from his time in the military, not just how he ran his household, but also in the fact he struggled with post traumatic stress disorder, also known as PTSD. Elizabeth tried to help her husband as much as she could, but there was very little treatment to assist in his erratic and sometimes violent behavior.

As a result to this behavior, Sage was trained from the age of 6 to fight in 3 different styles, that being MMA, boxing, and wrestling. Adam had no problem training her "properly" and ensuring that his only daughter could take a punch. Her father was training her to be another one of his soldiers and actually hoped and encouraged his daughter to fight for their country. She always thought this was ludicrous, given the fact that ever since he had came home from his first deployment, he had never been the same.

Sage, throughout her life struggled with a lot, even before hell reigned down on Earth, and everyone she knew was gone. She had suffered at home with her father's iron fist, she suffered at school where she was constantly surrounded by high school drama, and even in college she struggled with her own mental health and trauma her father left on her.

Then she fell in love with David Winchester, and in all aspects, he was perfect. He made the woman ridiculously happy, and he was a military man, which was the only aspect that he and her father ever shared. Sage was set to get married in the fall of 2010, she was an elementary school teacher in Atlanta, and in the summer of 2010, she had two men show up on her doorstep in Marine uniforms.

She knew what that meant, it was the same thing she and her mother feared for years over what would happen should two Army messengers show up on her front door. And although Sage anticipated that it would be a possibility, although she had thought she mentally prepared herself for the pain she was going to endure, it wasn't enough.

It was the worst heartbreak she had seemingly ever felt in her entire life. She wailed and cried in front of the two perfectly good strangers, and they caught her as she collapsed, having almost fainted at the news.

David was everything she ever wanted. He was good and kind, and he was handsome and brave, and he had not only been her fiance, but they had been childhood best friends for so long, she had always imagined herself with him.