4- guilty

TW: cursing/offensive language, su!c!dal thoughts, death, blood, vomiting, description of heart attack, detailed descriptions of guts and gore, TRYPOPHOBIA!! (A/N: I easily get disgusted and weirded out by certain formations of holes, so I put a warning here because this type of thing is mentioned in detail... even though it's hard for me to write due to how uncomfortable it makes me. Also I like the wording I did for this chapter. And yes, the challenge is different from the original series this time!)

—————————————————————

3RD PERSON POV:

Bring your team from point A to point B. Sounded easy enough.

But not for the Better Namers and iance...

The two were lagging behind despite Match's leadership and Golf Ball's intelligence. They were the last two! They had to hurry... or else they would be up for elimination.

The whole time, Flower was on edge. After all the events during and after their very first- and second- challenge, she was shaken up. She wasn't alone, everyone was. But the only person who comforted the once bratty plant was Ruby. And in turn, Flower comforted the gem.

Flower put her arm around the red gemstone, sighing as she did so. This was not a bored sigh, rather one filled with dread.

Flower was filled with dread, and she had no idea why.

The weight of dread in her stomach weighed her down, making her heart feel like it was dropping into her stomach, making her stomach feel like it was down even past the lush, green grass.

Flower's pink petals dropped as negative thoughts began to cloud her mind. Negative thoughts containing anger, dread, fear, and sadness. Negative thoughts containing anger at four, dread for what was to come, fear for what will happen to her and her precious gemstone, and sadness because of the thing all those thoughts ended in... death.

Death was around any corner the Flower looked, and it was only a matter of time before any corners closed off... making no way for her to escape from the only path she could take. The one path was forward, and the path forward had a shadow at the end. A shadow with a scythe. The shadow was death.

If Flower kept going, she would meet death... no matter what she had tried to do.

She was safe back then with announcer and recovery centers. But now that they are all gone, she is no longer safe. Nobody was. But especially her. She required just the right amount of sunlight and water for her to grow, just like your everyday houseplant. But this flower was even more so living, she walked and talked and laughed and cried. The food she needed was more dire, and she could already feel one of the beautiful petals on her head tearing around the edges.

Maybe they're right, maybe she was ignorant. Because she had ignored the other paths for so long, and now they have all closed. And now the only path was forward. And that path was a dead end.

And that dead end was nearing the poor plant... or maybe it was that she was nearing it? Maybe she was voluntarily walking towards death since the start of this hateful competition. Maybe she subconsciously knew the suffering this show would cause her.

But now was not time for negativity, now was time to keep moving.

Ruby feels the cold hands of her girlfriend leaning against her. She helps prop the plant up as the two walk behind their team.

"What's wrong?" Ruby asks the drooping plant.

"I'm going to die... aren't I...?" The weak flower's voice quivers. Her arm becomes heavier against the gemstone's head. It hurts the gemstone, but she keeps supporting her wilting loved one.