CHAPTER 16 ' Tranquillity

Magsimula sa umpisa

⠀⠀⠀"Scaramouche, please calm down."

⠀⠀⠀"I am calm!"

⠀⠀⠀I chose to sit down and ignore him for a couple of minutes.

⠀⠀⠀"Hey?" He asked. "Ugh, what do you think you're doi-"

⠀⠀⠀"Sit down." I cut him off.

⠀⠀⠀"Huh? You can't just tell me what to do."

⠀⠀⠀"Please sit down."

⠀⠀⠀He scuffed but he sat down next to me anyway.

⠀⠀⠀"Come. Lay here." I patted my lap.

⠀⠀⠀"HUH? How would that ever help with anything?! Why would I?!"

⠀⠀⠀"Lay down already."

⠀⠀⠀"Why should I?"

⠀⠀⠀I ignored his question which made Scaramouche eventually lay down. I started running my fingers through his hair...so soft.

⠀⠀⠀"Hey. What are you doing!" He yelped trying to push my hands away.

⠀⠀⠀"You liked this earlier." I looked down at him.

⠀⠀⠀He licked his teeth once then finally let his hands fall to his side.

⠀⠀⠀"Now... breathe..."

⠀⠀⠀"But."

⠀⠀⠀"Relax your muscles..."

⠀⠀⠀"Technically, I don't have -" Scaramouche replied.

⠀⠀⠀"Close your eyes..."

⠀⠀⠀"This is absurd."

⠀⠀⠀"Please just relax."

⠀⠀⠀"This is so boring, it's slowly killing me."

⠀⠀⠀"Scaramouche, listen. Not everything is about constantly being in control and being the most powerful amongst all entities."

⠀⠀⠀"Sure it is."

⠀⠀⠀"No, it is not. If you keep doing this, your life here on Teyvat will feel like eternal damnation even further. You need to calm down. Do some things that would actually bring you, you know, joy. It's usually the little things. Sure, whatever, you can always go back to working for what you wish to achieve or whatever your goal is, but sometimes you need to focus on the little things."

⠀⠀⠀"That's... stupid. That's how humans waste their lives. I'm not going to waste mine engaging in the same detrimental activities."

⠀⠀⠀"Aren't you eternal? You have enough time to focus on, quite literally, everything you've ever wanted."

⠀⠀⠀"I... am."

⠀⠀⠀"Do you understand what I'm saying then?"

⠀⠀⠀"I can't say I do. But I'll follow your lead for a day or two to see if what you're saying is actually worth doing."

⠀⠀⠀"Hah... Why are you suddenly so tense again? Thought we got over that."

⠀⠀⠀"It's late." He ignored my reply. "You should rest."

⠀⠀⠀"Yes. You're right. I have something prepared for tomorrow since we're now in Inazuma. I hope you'll enjoy it."

⠀⠀⠀"Hah..."

⠀⠀⠀"It's cold... Can you hold me tonight?" I faked a shiver.

⠀⠀⠀Scaramouche looked away at first, he almost seemed flustered. The Balladeer sighed then got up and grabbed me in his arms while leaning back against the door of the domain.

⠀⠀⠀I moved around a bit trying to find a comfortable position for myself... which was pretty hard given the circumstances... but I tried anyway.

⠀⠀⠀"God! You're moving so much, is your whole body itching or something?"

⠀⠀⠀I chuckled at his words then quickly apologised since I have finally found a good enough position to be in.

⠀⠀⠀"Good night, Scaramouche."

⠀⠀⠀"Mmh...

⠀⠀⠀Good night... Y/N.

... You still didn't answer my
question...
Would you do the same
for me..?"

⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀