𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄.

★

CARTIER WOKE UP TO SADÈ SLEEPING peacefully on his bare chest. The sun was beginning to peak through the blinds, shining on the naked couple. Bored, Cartier picks up his phone that was charging on the nightstand besides him.

𝐗𝐲𝐚𝐡 🧸
----------

morning love , wyd 🫶🏽

morning, just getting ready for work

need a ride ?

yeah that would be great 🤍

bett, be there in 15

Bring a change of clothes too

Okayy?
𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗲𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗱

Trying not to wake up the sleeping girl on his chest, Cartier slowly moves her off of him as he inches off the bed. When he successfully got off the bed, he began getting dressed.

"Where are you rushin' to?" Cartier turned around quickly at the sound of Sadè's voice behind him.

"Work?" He said at the half-sleep girl, his eyebrow raised questioningly.

"Work at six in the fuckin' morning, Carti?" She spoke up, her voice sharp and riddled with agitation.

"Yeah, what about it?" He snapped back.

The couple watched one another in absolute silence until a 'ding' was heard, making Sadè's gaze divert to Cartier's phone on the nightstand. She watched intently as the man picked up the phone and begin texting.

"What's that bitch's name?" Sadè snarled as she went to reach for the man's phone.

Sucking his teeth, "Bro, what are you talkin' about?" Putting the phone up in the air so she was unable to reach it.

"Don't play fuckin' dumb, nigga!" She reamed, "You been sneaking around for weeks! I barely even see you anymore-"

"Obviously there's someone else." She concluded, pain was written all over the girl's face.

Cartier didn't have time to go back and forth with her, he ignored the girl; simply walking out the room before gathering the rest of his things- soft whimpers could be heard from outside the door but Cartier couldn't even care less. The man got into his car and drove to Xyah's house, texting her once he arrived.

The boy watched Xyah closely as she walked to the car, the girl had on pink scrubs which accentuated her figure nicely, and white Air Max 90's- her hair in that cute messy bun that Cartier liked so much. Xyah was different from the other girls Cartier had talked to, she had goals; a head on her shoulder. In a way, that was the thing he admired most about her. Usually, in a relationship, Cartier would be the main person bringing in any income; having the other person depend on him for their ever whim and need. With Xyah, they both had something to bring to the table- shit, the girl barely wanted him taking her out to dinner.

"Hey Beautiful." Cartier smiled at the girl as she entered the car.

"Hi Carti." She blushed, wrapping her arms around the mans neck, and his falling to her waist as they pulled one another into a warm embrace.

As the two began spending more and more time together, conversation became easier and was able to flow more smoothly. Silence was rarely ever shared amongst the two anymore, if they weren't physically with each other, they were glued to their phones- awaiting a message from the other.

"Soo," Xyah spoke up, "Have you been thinking of where our next date is gonna be?"

"I know I ain't bring these clothes for nothing." She chuckled.

"Yeah actually," He said with a smirk, "Later, though. It's a surprise." The man stated vaguely.

"Later?" The girl reluctant, crossing her arms across her chest.

"Yeah, later. So be ready when I pick you up after work." She nodded hesitantly.

Cartier had drove the two to McDonald's, getting Xyah breakfast before dropping her off at the clinic. Both of them shared another hug before parting ways. Before he could leave the parking lot, Cartier was bombarded with texts from Sadè.

𝐒𝐚𝐝è 👩🏿‍❤️‍👨🏽
----------

Can you just tell me the truth Carti?

Are you seeing someone else?

Baby, I don't know how many times I need to tell you...

I want you and only you ❤️

Well Dina said she saw you a few weeks ago with some girl

So you're really finna trust some lying ass bitch over me?

I love YOU Sadè. End of story.
𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱

------

𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭? 𝐕𝐨𝐭𝐞, 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞!